Rogers Expo Center

Mith242

Here's something I guess I didn't even really know about. There was an expo center in Rogers. It was built mainly small concert venues. But hasn't been too successful so now it's going to be converted over in the Grapevine Mall. Maybe Matt will have some more info about this. :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something I guess I didn't even really know about. There was an expo center in Rogers. It was built mainly small concert venues. But hasn't been too successful so now it's going to be converted over in the Grapevine Mall. Maybe Matt will have some more info about this. :D

Oh, I am so glad this is happening. I always thought that the old Consumers building could be used better. The expo center hasn't been very successful, with the exception of a few parties and such. It sits right infront of a low income apartment complex. I'm glad the Grapevine Mall is coming to Rogers, it will add more tax dollars to the area, and be another excuse for people to come up here to this part of Rogers.

Oh, I am so glad this is happening. I always thought that the old Consumers building could be used better. The expo center hasn't been very successful, with the exception of a few parties and such. It sits right infront of a low income apartment complex. I'm glad the Grapevine Mall is coming to Rogers, it will add more tax dollars to the area, and be another excuse for people to come up here to this part of Rogers.

Ah an old Consumers building, I didn't know that. Ours is being used as office space and also the current location of Liquor World. Any ideas what kind of shops will be in this mall?

Ah an old Consumers building, I didn't know that. Ours is being used as office space and also the current location of Liquor World. Any ideas what kind of shops will be in this mall?

Small Craft Fair kind of deals.

People go crazy for Crafts and since this is being moved from Tontitown to Rogers, I think it will convince more people to shop there.

Small Craft Fair kind of deals.

People go crazy for Crafts and since this is being moved from Tontitown to Rogers, I think it will convince more people to shop there.

I thought that name sounded familiar. Any idea what's going on with the old Tontitown location and why they're moving it?

• 5 weeks later...

The Grapevine Mall is officially open now, but it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of traffic.

Well hopefully it will pick up in time. Although I was sorry to see them leave Tontitown I don't want them to flop up in Rogers either.

Well hopefully it will pick up in time. Although I was sorry to see them leave Tontitown I don't want them to flop up in Rogers either.

I think it will do better because it's in a much larger city, so they won't have to pay as much for adveritisng, plus it's across from a Supercenter and is on Walnut.

I think it will do better because it's in a much larger city, so they won't have to pay as much for adveritisng, plus it's across from a Supercenter and is on Walnut.

Just an observation... The Rogers Supercenter is shopped primarily by Hispanic people and they don't do too many Craft Fair type things. As for the upscale residents moving to the area around Rogers/Bentonville, they do their shopping at the upscale Supercenter on Pleasant Grove Road. I don't think it was a smart move of Grapevine Mall to move to that particular location in Rogers. Highway 102 sees much more traffic and is the most popular route to both Eureka Springs and War Eagle Fairs. There are also some decent antique stores and flea markets on 102 that would give Grapevine Mall the needed competition.

^

The North Rogers Supercenter is shopped by hispanics during certain parts of the week like Sunday, Wednesday, and Mondays. Otherwise, it's pretty diverse with Indian, White, Asian, and Hispanics with a few Blacks.

I think they chose a good location, because it's right next to the Dixeland Mall which always hosts craft fairs throughout the year. Yesterday, I went by the location and there was about 50 cars in the parking lot, so activity is picking up. It probably would have worked better on 102, but I wouldn't like to see it on Pleasant Grove Road, Horsebarn, or New Hope Rd.

^

The North Rogers Supercenter is shopped by hispanics during certain parts of the week like Sunday, Wednesday, and Mondays. Otherwise, it's pretty diverse with Indian, White, Asian, and Hispanics with a few Blacks.

I think they chose a good location, because it's right next to the Dixeland Mall which always hosts craft fairs throughout the year. Yesterday, I went by the location and there was about 50 cars in the parking lot, so activity is picking up. It probably would have worked better on 102, but I wouldn't like to see it on Pleasant Grove Road, Horsebarn, or New Hope Rd.

I may have to stop by there and check it out. I'm not much into antiquing but didn't someone say there's a small restaurant inside the Grapevine Mall?

Archived