• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Happiness Charlotte

17 posts in this topic

This is a graphical view showing the relative importance of the 500 busiest (of close to 8000 tracked) locations for visitors to UrbanPlanet. Charlotte is represented by the big circle on the bottom that completely covers NC. As you can see there is a lot of interest in our city. We are running about 75,000 page views/day and a lot of that is being driven by the topics you see here. Thanks everyone!

Oh this is from about Nov 15 until today.

decstat6.jpg

I understand that Charlotte is popular... but what makes it so much more popular than some of the other cities is what I wonder

One reason is no doubt the excitement around the momentum that has built up in uptown Charlotte.

Another facter as far as UrbanPlanet is concerned, it can't hurt that most of the founders are from the Charlotte area. There have been more people interested in Charlotte viewing this board for longer, so it's been growing for longer, and it therefore makes sense that there would be more people visiting the site.

Some other forums have more Atlanta posts, for example, and some other cities have their own popular, dedicated message boards.

Not to take anything away from Charlotte, of course, because there's some pretty amazing stuff going on there right now. But there's a lot of factors involved.

For sure, I don't mean to take away from the other sections. As you can see all of NC is very popular where a few months ago there was almost no activity outside of Metrolina.

cool...this is definitely an awesome site. And just imagine, I found UP totally by accident

cool...this is definitely an awesome site. And just imagine, I found UP totally by accident

I remember finding it by googling something

looks like there is also a lot of interest in grand rapids lansing area, looks like that has the second biggest circle in it.

In the past few months the GR section has become the 2nd or 3rd most busy section on the forum. Several local development organizations there depend upon UP to pass on information. It's amazing as Michigan's "other" city is often over looked. One of the advantages of UP over other sites, especially those devoted to a single city, is that you can go tour other cities to compare them to ours. I invite everyone here to go check out GR and anywhere else of interest.

so I'm just curious but, how did everyone find urbanplanet?

I found it googling, "Charlotte" "condo towers"when the first couple were announced, I think. Anyways how did other peopel find it

so I'm just curious but, how did everyone find urbanplanet?

I found it googling, "Charlotte" "condo towers"when the first couple were announced, I think. Anyways how did other peopel find it

I don't know about anyone else, but this is how I found UP:

GOOGLE SEARCH

Nice placement :thumbsup:

I remember finding it by googling something

Same here... Good stuff.

I found a link on another forum...I used the same ID there also