IN PROGRESS: Royal Mills in West Warwick

sharky10

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jen, funny you should mention the traffic. That was one of the few negatives I took away from my visit. Getting into and out of Arctic has gotta be an area of concern for the future, if WW really wants to add upwards of 1,000 new condo units. That's a lot of new residents. And of course the rail line is gone now, replaced by the bike path, so all of these people are going to be driving to work ...

Not to minimize the hardships faced by West Warwick, but in economic terms the city that is the worst off in RI is Central Falls. A while back, I posted a spreadsheet that showed it to be the poorest city in New England based on either median family or household income.

I believe you might be correct regarding CF - my statement was geared more for the farthest fall from grace, meaning WW had SO much going for it (mills/jobs, shopping, location, etc.) and look where it is now. Less numerically calculated type of statement. I have no doubt CF is amoung the poorest in the area as it has been well documented over the years...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So a good friend of mine just rented a place at Royal Mills. Let me tell you, if this was in Providence, I'd move there in a heartbeat. It OWNS any other mill development out there right now. The balconies over the waterfall are amazing and the interiors are awesome, with artifacts from the mill's working days all over the place and a museum. They have so many amenities too, it's crazy. Their gym and clubhouse areas are the best I've seen, with bars, kitchens, pool tables, fooze ball, poker, coffee stations, etc. etc. all over the place. Even the parking garage has car lifts that lift one car over your other if you have two. Very nice development, and apparently it's finally starting to fill up.

So a good friend of mine just rented a place at Royal Mills. Let me tell you, if this was in Providence, I'd move there in a heartbeat. It OWNS any other mill development out there right now. The balconies over the waterfall are amazing and the interiors are awesome, with artifacts from the mill's working days all over the place and a museum. They have so many amenities too, it's crazy. Their gym and clubhouse areas are the best I've seen, with bars, kitchens, pool tables, fooze ball, poker, coffee stations, etc. etc. all over the place. Even the parking garage has car lifts that lift one car over your other if you have two. Very nice development, and apparently it's finally starting to fill up.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived