MSN Live tops Google Earth

TheBostonian

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what is so great about this other than some good closeups of the selected cities. I find it to be confusing and difficult to navigate, even in a city that I am familiar with. I'll stick with Google Earth any day :)

Really?? Windows Live Local lets you zoom in closer in a lot of cities. I find it better than Google Earth. :)

Really?? Windows Live Local lets you zoom in closer in a lot of cities. I find it better than Google Earth. :)

Right, but of what, 12 cities or so? And I find that while the views are great, its impossible to navigate with their setup. They will never have the coverage that Google will have.

Yeah the setup of live local is weak, I never know where the hell I am and I'm a geography wiz. I have to pan around in the aerial photo or map view to know where I am and then switch to bird's eye. I like it a lot though. I'm amazed by their selection of cities: big important ones like DC, Boston, New York, San Francisco, and then, Providence???

Right, but of what, 12 cities or so? And I find that while the views are great, its impossible to navigate with their setup. They will never have the coverage that Google will have.

well they've got MUCH better resolution of cities such as Greensboro than Google has.

Windows Live Local:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=...9&scene=1266005

Google Local:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Greensboro,+...03065&t=h&hl=en

• 11 months later...

Archived