Grand Rapids - Urban Planet Stats

GRDadof3

Just thought I would let you guys know that from July 15 - Oct 14 of this year, the Metro Grand Rapids area on Urban Planet was the #1 most "viewed" area, with 93,936 views.

The rest of the top five were rounded out by:

Tennessee - 66,473

NC Triangle - 51,579

Greenville, SC - 51,195

Charlotte, NC (just the general Charlotte, not including sub-forums) - 44,564

Great job spreading the word everyone! :yahoo:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spread the work everytime I update my picture blog and when I get tons of emails a day asking me, "Why don't you post pictures of what the Marriot and Riverhouse will look like in the skyline?" I refer them to the rendering thread and maybe thats giving UP-Grand Rapids some views.

wow, that's alot of views

do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that, places like Detroit and Chicago have entire forums dedicated to themselves?

This seems to be the only one for GR, any chance we might grow on independent one? It would take cash and time we cant afford i'm sure .

wow, that's alot of views

do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that, places like Detroit and Chicago have entire forums dedicated to themselves?

This seems to be the only one for GR, any chance we might grow on independent one? It would take cash and time we cant afford i'm sure .

I was telling the uber-moderators at UP that I definitely thought that it was the only forum of its kind for this area (and I think the first). SSP and SSC only break down to Midwest sections, and Grand Rapids takes a beating in those from other Midwesterners, I think mainly because many of them have never been to GR. We also have some good penetration in GR, from college students, quite a few developers, realtors, engineers, a few members of the media, members of civic organizations, some local officials, etc..

We rock. SSP is an awful forum if you want to have an intelligent discussion about GR because some snob from another city always busts GR's chops (and Like GRDad said they probably have never been here).

I'm sure in ten years GR will get proper respect, but until then lets just keep pushing the envelope and fly under the radar. :ph34r:

Joe

Archived