240 Ionia - New Development

GRDadof3

I know there's at least one member here who lives there. I haven't seen him on in ages. I plan on moving in in May and I can say that the missions are a bit of a concern having never really hung out on that particular block after dark, but I'm hoping its not an issue after we move in. Its certainly not an issue down by EQ3, etc.

Had a buddy who lived in an apt. near the old Cybernet building, although not RIGHT in the heartside, it was close enough. Never really an issue, I think only once some guy told me jesus was going to send me to hell b/c I wouldn't give him $5 :huh:

Most people leave you alone, or will once you say "No..."

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you're a no :P

How about: what is the max price you'd pay to for a condo in the neighborhood? Union Square level $150-$180 $/squarefoot, Riverhouse level $180-$210, Icon on Bond level $210-$250, or choose to not live there at all.

I thought Union Square started at just under 100K? oh well anyway I think 80-120K is a good range for condos in that area.

I thought Union Square started at just under 100K? oh well anyway I think 80-120K is a good range for condos in that area.

it did; I was using dollar per square foot numbers. A condo can be $120,000 and 480 sqaure feet and would cost $250/sf or it could be continue to cost $120,000, but be 800 sqaure feet and cost $150/sf.

I see what you're saying though. Even if they have to be small, they should stay in a certain total dollar range.

did it used to be? I thought they had apartments set aside for people make below a certain amount.

They DO have income restrictions on some of thier units on the lower levels, but I don't think that makes subsidized.

They DO have income restrictions on some of thier units on the lower levels, but I don't think that makes subsidized.

True, kind of. They are not subsidized because each tenant is responsible for his or her own rent in its entirety. They do offer a discount to people who make less than a certain amount per year (about $26k for one person). This discount is not limited to any specific apartment; any apartment can be market rate or the discounted rate. The owner of the building gets a break on his/her taxes on the building for offering this discount.

did it used to be? I thought they had apartments set aside for people make below a certain amount.

You may be thinking of The Lofts on Sheldon near the UICA.

I don't know if they are completely subsidized, but I think there is

an income limit.

You may be thinking of The Lofts on Sheldon near the UICA.

I don't know if they are completely subsidized, but I think there is

an income limit.

There is an income limit, I can't remember what it is but it's REALLY low. Like to the point where I don't know how you could afford the rent there if you made that little.

• 3 weeks later...

There's an artists rendering on the second page of the GR Press Business section today of this development. It's hard to describe, but it's mostly brick (buff and reddish two-tone) with two stepped back sections, one at the 4th floor, and one at the 8th floor, which appear to have gardens/patios at these levels facing Ionia. Retail on the ground floor with a parking garage on Commerce :yahoo: I'll have to see if I can scan it tomorrow, or if someone else can get the paper and scan it :whistling: Apparently they are 30 - 45 days from signing on a hotel chain (all suites).

Archived