Renderings for 25-Story Twin Condo Highrises for East Downtown.

Architecture in Helsinki

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, looks great!!!

Roughly translated, the Spanish vidorra means "the ease of life." And developers of a downtown high-rise condo complex by that name are promising tenants not only that, but also views that won't be blocked by future development.

Vidorra will have ~260 units starting at about $200,000. The developers will begin taking reservations for units in March. The project will include a fitness center, meeting rooms, swimming pool, and concierge service.

San Antonio Express-News: Condos will be called Vidorra

The developers of this project are seeking financial assistance from the city for the project, which the city council will vote on today. The main part of the financial package includes a seven year $2.7 million grant, which in return the developers would award at least 31% of the construction contracts to woman and minority owned businesses.

The developers also are seeking a $300,000 loan from the city's Economic Development Incentive Fund to defray the cost of marketing the condos and townhouses to prospective buyers.

They're also looking to create a "quiet zone" to reduce the noise of passing trains along a two-mile stretch from Essex to the south to Sherman on the north.

The developers have said that this project will not happen without the financial incentives. If the city passes them, then construction will begin after 100 of the units are presold after the sales center opens in March. The condos will range in price from $213,000 to $412,000 and the townhomes from $320,000 to $480,000.

San Antonio Express-News: Luxury developers seek grant

Those look good. I've been very surprised by the lack of downtown living in San Antonio.

There is one building that I think would make for a great renovation though, and that is the Robert E. Lee Hotel. It's a beautiful building...easy access to I-10 and I-35, the Riverwalk, and Houston Street. It looks like there are only a handful of residents currently living there.

Converting that building into condos would definitely help the surrounding area in a big way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived