Vidorra - Twin 25-story highrise condos. Downtown SA

Architecture in Helsinki

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long overdue for San Antonio. Why is SA downtown skyscraper so short, stubby and one color-brown?

What other projects are going downtown? What about the in the new Toyota area?

If your talking about the tower of americas, it stands 750ft, built during the 1968 Worlds Fair. This tower is taller than reunion tower in dallas and the seattle space needle. Just curious, where are you from? Toronto has the grand daddy of all observation towers at 1,815ft high!

If your talking about the tower of americas, it stands 750ft, built during the 1968 Worlds Fair. This tower is taller than reunion tower in dallas and the seattle space needle. Just curious, where are you from? Toronto has the grand daddy of all observation towers at 1,815ft high!

No, I am talking about the rest of downtown, unusual for the 8th largest city in the country.

What other projects are going downtown? What about the in the new Toyota area?

U/C in downtown San Antonio:

33 story - Hotel

25 (twin) story towers - Condos

17 story - Hotel

17 story - Timeshares/Condos

16 story - Condos

13 story - Hotel

12 story - Condos

11 story- Hotel

10 story - Timeshares/Condos

Also, a 25 story highrise condo tower in Uptown.

This site puts San Antonio as the third fastest growing city after LA and NY. (not bad for the nations 8th largest city) In the top ten, there are 3 Texas cities!

http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uscities_growth.html

SA is really booming. When will SA ever build a 60 story plus building downtown. I think Austin a city that SA is twice the size has more downtown multiple 40 story highrises. Will SA and Austin metro areas merge(I35 corridor)?

SA is really booming. When will SA ever build a 60 story plus building downtown. I think Austin a city that SA is twice the size has more downtown multiple 40 story highrises. Will SA and Austin metro areas merge(I35 corridor)?

Well actually there are alot of factors and regulations that come into play when you talk about high rises in the down town area. There is a law or ordinance that prohibits any building down town to be taller than the tower of americas which is 750ft tall. It would be great if maybe that could be lifted one day and maybe let some company like the new AT&T build a tall much needed building in down town SA

• 7 months later...

Well actually there are alot of factors and regulations that come into play when you talk about high rises in the down town area. There is a law or ordinance that prohibits any building down town to be taller than the tower of americas which is 750ft tall. It would be great if maybe that could be lifted one day and maybe let some company like the new AT&T build a tall much needed building in down town SA

When is Austin and San Antonio merge it Metro area like Atlanta has cities and towns that are 80 miles from the core in its metro area

Archived