Midtowne Little Rock

There has been a lot of speculation of what tenants would occupy the space in the

new retal center being developed close to Park Plaza, behind ihop at the corner

of Markham and University. Pottery Barn has long been rumored. Well, Today,

they annouced some of the tenants. They have lined up Anne Taylor Loft, Crate & Barrel,

Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. Thedeveloper is Strode Properties Co. of Dallas.

There has been a lot of speculation of what tenants would occupy the space in the

they annouced some of the tenants. They have lined up Anne Taylor Loft, Crate & Barrel,

Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. Thedeveloper is Strode Properties Co. of Dallas.

Thanks for the info Tim, nice to hear from you again. :D

Somebody already posted this. Cantina Laredo and Pei Wei Asian Diner will both be there. Both are upscale Dallas-based eateries new to Arkansas.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any confirmation of the tenet line-up from Strode Properties?

I drive by the construction site twice daily. It is amazing to see how much they are raising the the south west corner of the property 20+ feet. You can see the property behind IHOP from I-630. I have never seen the modular block they are using for a retaining wall. It looks nicer than what you see on the interstate. Anyone have pictures?

Will this project force the rehab of University Mall. I read somewhere that it would cost $18 million to redo it and only a few million to tear it down. Something needs to be done.

University Mall has to go. The land it's sitting on is much more valuable than the building. Indoor malls are going out of style anyway, and Park Plaza is a nice mall that's very close to it. I like the kind of development that's going on with this Midtowne project.

University Mall is tied up in a lawsuit between Simon and the land owners. Nothing is likely to happen there until the lawsuit concludes. Unfortunately, this will probably be later rather than sooner.

I am EXTREMELY hopeful that Midtowne lands a Whole Foods Store!!! Being so close to the Medical corridor and several neighborhoods (Hillcrest, Heights, Midtown, Briarwood), I bet it would work well. An Eatzi's (Dallas-based) would be welcome too.

Little Rock needs an alternative to Wild Oats. Man! WO has run the LR store into the ground. I went from being a weekly shopper to only two or three times a year. I do everything possible to avoid going there. The Kroger stores have been pretty good about getting in items when I've requested them.

University Mall is tied up in a lawsuit between Simon and the land owners. Nothing is likely to happen there until the lawsuit concludes. Unfortunately, this will probably be later rather than sooner.

I am EXTREMELY hopeful that Midtowne lands a Whole Foods Store!!! Being so close to the Medical corridor and several neighborhoods (Hillcrest, Heights, Midtown, Briarwood), I bet it would work well. An Eatzi's (Dallas-based) would be welcome too.

Little Rock needs an alternative to Wild Oats. Man! WO has run the LR store into the ground. I went from being a weekly shopper to only two or three times a year. I do everything possible to avoid going there. The Kroger stores have been pretty good about getting in items when I've requested them.

I thought Whole Foods was going into the Pleasant Ridge development in West LR. I would think that a central LR site would do better, especially with all the damn Hillcrest/Stifft Station hippie-types around.

(just kidding)

The landowners don't necessarily want University Mall renovated, they want Simon to crap or get off the pot. This has been going on for a decade or more. It's dead, we all know it's dead, so they need to move on now and let them clear the property, most likely sell it, and start over. I have a feeling this one will be settled out of court, and Simon will do as they ask and close the mall.

I heard that the Wild Oats was another store that was bought out and that it never was quite up to the usual Wild Oats standards. This is just what I've heard by the way. I've never been to the one down there. I'm still surprised that Wild Oats or Whole Foods haven't looked to Fayetteville with all our hippies up here. :lol: Although we do have Ozark Natural Foods to fill that void.

I heard that the Wild Oats was another store that was bought out and that it never was quite up to the usual Wild Oats standards. This is just what I've heard by the way. I've never been to the one down there. I'm still surprised that Wild Oats or Whole Foods haven't looked to Fayetteville with all our hippies up here. :lol: Although we do have Ozark Natural Foods to fill that void.

It's a much larger and nicer store than most others but was better as a privately owned store. The quality of products available decline when it became a chain rather than improving.

Beans, Grains, and Things was the largest organic food store in the country a few years ago.