Midtowne Little Rock

Anyone heard anything about the alleged Dairy Queen on University? I pass by there everyday and there's no way they're squeezing a fast food joint on that property. The hotel is coming along nicely and the CVS is open. Doesn't look like they've broken ground on the Dairy Queen or even have room to do so. Also the DQ in Sherwood is open which pisses me off more because I really want a DQ in my neighborhood!!!

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

Where exactly is this going?  I drove by there the other day but can't figure out where it will be located.

Right behind the walgreens up on the little hill.  I haven't driven up there to see how big the lot actually is but that's where it's going.

8 hours ago, dnashobviously said:

Was in the mall today, was told the 3D Games store, massage store Easy Relax, and the small Bloom Cafe have been told they have to relocate and H&M will be taking up their space. 

This is not really a good location at all in my opinion. I hope they somehow make this a 2 floor concept like most of their stores. 

that is a really strange spot for it for sure O.o

-R

11 hours ago, dnashobviously said:

Was in the mall today, was told the 3D Games store, massage store Easy Relax, and the small Bloom Cafe have been told they have to relocate and H&M will be taking up their space. 

This is not really a good location at all in my opinion. I hope they somehow make this a 2 floor concept like most of their stores. 

Those three spots are tiny.  Don't see those combined spots large enough for H&M.  

10 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

Those three spots are tiny.  Don't see those combined spots large enough for H&M.  

Hollister would have to be closing or be forced to relocate for there to be enough space there. Even then, H&M's are pretty big. Not sure that would be enough.

4 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

Here's a thought. I know that either side of the 2nd story side hallway is empty (part of Ann Taylor and the Bailey Banks & Biddle) and they are apparently clearing away some tenants from the 3rd floor hallway. Any chance that they'll enclose the hallway and the businesses on that hallway and create a small "anchor" that has entrances to both the mall and the parking deck? It would seem to fit the typical H&M layout and look. It would involve the relocation of Lenscrafters, Kay Jewelers, the eyebrow threading place and Icing, but might be worth it help fill the mall.

2 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Here's a thought. I know that either side of the 2nd story side hallway is empty (part of Ann Taylor and the Bailey Banks & Biddle) and they are apparently clearing away some tenants from the 3rd floor hallway. Any chance that they'll enclose the hallway and the businesses on that hallway and create a small "anchor" that has entrances to both the mall and the parking deck? It would seem to fit the typical H&M layout and look. It would involve the relocation of Lenscrafters, Kay Jewelers, the eyebrow threading place and Icing, but might be worth it help fill the mall.

Interesting.  I'd be a bit surprised for them to "down" a direct mall entry from the parking deck (two levels technically), but I suppose it's no different than any other anchor store.  Good thought.

2 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

hmmmm, sounds more like the size of a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market

-R

That would be disappointing.  I am crossing my fingers for something new to the market but I never hold my breath.

I keep hoping for a Trader Joe's but I know that's a pipe dream.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, Arkanzin said:

And about twice the size of a Trader Joe's.  Dangit.  I thought the reduced size might mean a landing spot for Trader Joe's.  The 17,000 sf site is still a bit larger than the larger TJ's.  

I thought it might be an Aldi, but I don't think those are even 20,000 sq. ft.

18 hours ago, adman0468 said:

I thought it might be an Aldi, but I don't think those are even 20,000 sq. ft.

According to Aldi's website, the minimum square footage for a possible Aldi is 18,000 square feet.

Aldi Building Requirements

None of their divisions include the Little Rock metro.  Texarkana and NWA, yes.  

Aldi Regional Divisions

Edited by Arkanzin

21 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

According to Aldi's website, the minimum square footage for a possible Aldi is 18,000 square feet.

Aldi Building Requirements

None of their divisions include the Little Rock metro.  Texarkana and NWA, yes.  

Aldi Regional Divisions

There's one in Harrison.  I have no idea why we'd pine for this...

3 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

Yes, there is one in Harrison.  It's in the NWA division.  There's also one in Jonesboro though the map doesn't show what division it's in.

I like Aldi.  I guess that's why I'd pine for this.

Fair enough...I've seen several and just put in the category of any other small, generic retailer...admittedly, German.  Ha!