Midtowne Little Rock

AR Business 1/22/17:

There’s a target opening date of April 3 for the IHOP at the corner of Markham and University, which was razed only so a newer, better IHOP could arise.

That’s according to Susan North, who with her partner, Marty Gunaca, owns Golden Cakes Inc. of Little Rock, the IHOP franchisee in Arkansas. Golden Cakes has 10 IHOP locations in the state.

North says they plan to start hiring March 13, employing 50 to 60 people.

The reborn IHOP will have 4,805 SF, will seat 164 and will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The dining room will be one big room instead of three separate rooms, making the restaurant more efficient.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Architect said:

Since this thread is technically for the formal "Midtowne Little Rock" shopping center, a bit of news that I haven't seen posted:  the James Avery jewelry store that was located between Pottery Barn and Starbucks has (surprisingly) closed.

Surprising, perhaps, but less so considering Dillard's across the street added James Avery merchandise to its sales floor.  Of course, redundancy or overlap in a neighborhood doesn't always spell immediate closure of a store location. Justice is a prime example.

• 4 months later...

There was an article published on Arkansas Online website July 12 in regards to an update of the former Sears site. According to the article, the Dallas based developer proposed 5 restaurants on the website (it was later removed) and a junior anchor. Personally, I was hoping we have some restaurants new to the market.

4 minutes ago, dnashobviously said:

I can't remember all the restaurants but I know there was Raising Canes, Chilis, Starbucks, a Texas based Mexican chain, and I can't recall the other one.  I'd be excited for the Raising Canes! 

The list included (thought I'm guessing it was entirely speculative):

Uncle Julio’s Mexican restaurant

Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers (yes!)

Panda Express (Finally!)

Chili’s (who cares)

Starbucks

2 minutes ago, Architect said:

Panda Express (Finally!)

Chili’s (who cares)

Starbucks

I think this list could be fairly accurate. It's been speculated Chili's wanted a new location for a couple months. Interestingly, a group of UA Little Rock students (including myself) tweeted the Raising Cane's chain begging for a Little Rock location about 2 months ago and they replied with something along the lines of  "stay tuned ;)" so this could be what they were hinting at. 

Just now, dnashobviously said:

I think this list could be fairly accurate. It's been speculated Chili's wanted a new location for a couple months. Interestingly, a group of UA Little Rock students (including myself) tweeted the Raising Cane's chain begging for a Little Rock location about 2 months ago and they replied with something along the lines of  "stay tuned ;)" so this could be what they were hinting at. 

I LOVE Cane's...thanks for requesting this!  I think they have the best chicken (and sauce) by far of all the competitors (Zaxby's, Slim's, etc.).  I also LOVE Panda Express, and can't believe we don't have one in Little Rock.  There is on in Hot Springs, and shockingly, on campus at Harding University in Searcy.

5 hours ago, Architect said:

Panda Express (Finally!)

Chili’s (who cares)

Starbucks

Uncle Julio's would be new to the market. The rest of the list is ok but I was hoping something new like Cheesecake Factory or Razzoos Cajun Cafe would locate there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Forum Members:

Several of you commented on this thread several days ago about potential new offerings on campus at UALR.  Because this thread is technically for the Midtowne Shopping Center (and NOT the midtown area of town in general), I attempted to "move" those three posts to the UALR thread.  However, some type of forum software error occurred, and the posts were removed from this thread, but did NOT relocate to the UALR thread.  So as of now, those posts have unfortunately gone AWOL!  I have the Urbanplanet "global" moderator looking into this issue with the forum software provider.  My apology for the mishap.  Hopefully we can resurrect these lost posts.  Thanks for your patience in the interim.

2 hours ago, Architect said:

Forum Members:

Several of you commented on this thread several days ago about potential new offerings on campus at UALR.  Because this thread is technically for the Midtowne Shopping Center (and NOT the midtown area of town in general), I attempted to "move" those three posts to the UALR thread.  However, some type of forum software error occurred, and the posts were removed from this thread, but did NOT relocate to the UALR thread.  So as of now, those posts have unfortunately gone AWOL!  I have the Urbanplanet "global" moderator looking into this issue with the forum software provider.  My apology for the mishap.  Hopefully we can resurrect these lost posts.  Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Thanks! I initially tried to use the UALR thread, but it said it was closed so I tried to use the thread most suitable!

42 minutes ago, dnashobviously said:

Thanks! I initially tried to use the UALR thread, but it said it was closed so I tried to use the thread most suitable!

Yes, I didn't realize it was closed (archived) when I tried to move it. The consensus was that this was the problem!  I'm the moderator; and I didn't even realize some of our prior threads were closed/archived. My apology!  Hopefully resolved soon. 

On 8/9/2017 at 6:26 PM, Architect said:

Yes, I didn't realize it was closed (archived) when I tried to move it. The consensus was that this was the problem!  I'm the moderator; and I didn't even realize some of our prior threads were closed/archived. My apology!  Hopefully resolved soon. 

The prior posts were restored and moved to the UALR thread (which has been un-archived).

ALL:

As a reminder, this thread is for the "Midtowne" shopping center proper, its tenants, future development, etc.  It is NOT a thread about the general area of town referred to as mid-town.  Please keep this in mind for future posts (and perhaps we need to start a thread for "midtown" in general).

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Architect said:

The DemGaz reported today that Cantina Laredo is closed, and it's uncertain if it's permanent.  Chalk this up to COVID-19.

Somewhat related to that, the last remaining El Chico in Little Rock had recently closed — which appears to have been in the works for some time prior to the virus outbreak. The two restaurants have a shared parent company, Dallas-based Consolidated Restaurant Operations, Inc.  On the CRO website, there's no specific response to the virus in recent news releases.

Somewhat related to that, the last remaining El Chico in Little Rock had recently closed — which appears to have been in the works for some time prior to the virus outbreak. The two restaurants have a shared parent company, Dallas-based Consolidated Restaurant Operations, Inc.  On the CRO website, there's no specific response to the virus in recent news releases.

Seriously? There was still an El Chico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...