Midtowne Little Rock

I drove through the Midtowne development this weekend and it looks like they are finishing out most of the stores and almost all of them are labelled. Most of the stores confirmed already had signage. There weren't any conspicuous absences but I did notice that Cantina Laredo was missing as was Crate and Barrel, both names mentioned early but not of late. It was a fairly nice development with awnings and such. Unfortunately it looked difficult to do much with in terms of future additions.

I'm going to ask about what happened with the B of A and Bennigan's buildings. I know one of the owners.

I'm going to ask about what happened with the B of A and Bennigan's buildings. I know one of the owners.

The AHTD has begun a year-long University Avenue improvemnt project, from Park Plaza Dr to 19th Street. I believe this explains some of the fencing that went up on the University Mall site. It looks like it may be used as a staging area for materials and equipment for the street project.

I am guessing that the Bennigans and BOA are closing down in anticipation of the utility work that will take place accross their property.

Why no clothing stores geared toward teens-early 20's? I would love to see an Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Forever 21, etc. Kind of a let-down if those stores aren't there, or ones like it.

RK Collections' upcoming store is as close as you'll find in this grouping, I should think, if the merchandise at its Pleasant Valley and Heights stores is any indication.

Also, one long-mentioned name

Here are the named tenants for Midtowne:

Grand Cuisine Restaurant

Williams-Sonoma

Pottery Barn

Lewis & Clark Outfitters

Ann Taylor Loft

White House{sodEmoji.|}Black Market

Pei Wei Asian Diner

Harold's Ladie's Apparel

Francesca's

The Children's Place

Starbucks

J. Jill

Chico's

JoS A Bank

RK Collections

Grammercy Square

Bombay Company

Wild Oats Natural Marketplace

You know, no offense to RK, but it would have been nice - since they already have a LR location - for a spot in this development to have been filled with a tenant not currently in the market, like J Crew, etc...

I agree.

I think that development might be a little small for certain retailers. In my very limited experience I haven't seen a J Crew in a shopping center that small, but I'm not saying it might not be that way other places. There are a slew of other retailers we don't have in the market I'd like to see there in any case.

Pei Wei appears close to opening. I drove by this evening south on University and noticed that their sign is up on the back that faces University. I was surprised to find that they were located at the very NW parcel adjacent to the stoplight entrance that aligns with Park Plaza. I had envisioned Pei Wei going in an out parcel (not constructed) on the SE corner. I noticed that a restaurant had been going in there, but assumed that it was that Gramercy Square place.

Pei Wei appears close to opening. I drove by this evening south on University and noticed that their sign is up on the back that faces University. I was surprised to find that they were located at the very NW parcel adjacent to the stoplight entrance that aligns with Park Plaza. I had envisioned Pei Wei going in an out parcel (not constructed) on the SE corner. I noticed that a restaurant had been going in there, but assumed that it was that Gramercy Square place.

I am a big fan of that place. My wife and I pick something up from the one in Dallas every couple of weeks or so. The quality is very good for the price. I saw the location a week or so ago, it's similar to the ones we have in Dallas. Usually they're not freestanding.

I am a big fan of that place. My wife and I pick something up from the one in Dallas every couple of weeks or so. The quality is very good for the price. I saw the location a week or so ago, it's similar to the ones we have in Dallas. Usually they're not freestanding.

I'm looking forward to it....finally, some upscale retailers and eateries in a mature, mid-town location which is where I live. It official, we now have our own "new" desirable destinations that don't require us to trek west or north to the periphery! I think this trend will only continue....

I'm looking forward to it....finally, some upscale retailers and eateries in a mature, mid-town location which is where I live. It official, we now have our own "new" desirable destinations that don't require us to trek west or north to the periphery! I think this trend will only continue....

I'd like to see more midtown chain restaurants. The Heights and Hillcrest have many (if not most) of the better independent restaurants but it's kind of nice to have a few upscale chains as well.

I would expect a couple more Pei Weis before long, one in west LR and one near McCain somewhere.

I'd like to see more midtown chain restaurants. The Heights and Hillcrest have many (if not most) of the better independent restaurants but it's kind of nice to have a few upscale chains as well.

I would expect a couple more Pei Weis before long, one in west LR and one near McCain somewhere.

Yeah, I noticed there were 2 each in the Tulsa & OKC markets, which led me to believe that it is geared toward a much more casual, low-key audience that would justify more locales.

I drove through Midtowne at lunch today...

It looks nicer than it did a week ago. In addition to the major signage that has been up for a while, individual retailers have added details (more signage and trim) to the facade. It is going to have a very nice feel.

When I was a part of the Midtown Taskforce, we discussed the need for the Midtowne development to set the bar for whatever comes of the University Mall site. Ron Tabor was at the meetings, but I do not think we had any influence on the design. It just worked out this way. Imagine a developer getting a hold of the University Mall site now and attempting to complement or "out do" Park Plaza and Midtowne.