Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CentralArkansas

New Fortune 500 Company For Little Rock

9 posts in this topic

...Alltel is creating a new wireline company in a merger with an Irving based company, and it will create a Fortune 500 company that will be headquartered in Little Rock. Some articles have said that over a 1,000 jobs should be coming to the area. No doubt, many more will be created, because Alltel has said that they will have to develop much more office space to make room for the new company.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/news/article.asp?aid=42639

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/news/headl...E2%7D&aid=42638

...Alltel is creating a new wireline company in a merger with an Irving based company, and it will create a Fortune 500 company that will be headquartered in Little Rock. Some articles have said that over a 1,000 jobs should be coming to the area. No doubt, many more will be created, because Alltel has said that they will have to develop much more office space to make room for the new company.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/news/article.asp?aid=42639

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/news/headl...E2%7D&aid=42638

I had thought about starting this topic but thought someone from the area down there who knew more about it would be better. Thanks for the info. :D

I didn't realize it was big enough to qualify for Fortune 500 status, that's excellent.

Arkansas' Fortune 500 companies:

Wal-Mart, Tyson, Dillard's, Alltel, Alltel spinoff, and Murphy Oil

That's 6 to none for Mississippi and only one for Louisiana. We're doing well in the corporate world.

I didn't realize it was big enough to qualify for Fortune 500 status, that's excellent.

That's 6 to none for Mississippi and only one for Louisiana. We're doing well in the corporate world.

Well, after doing more reading, it appears as though it might not qualify for Fortune 500 status. It may be just short of making the list after all is said and done, but then again with yearly fluctuations it very well could be on there. I think it's probably 50-50 at the moment, but given a few years to get its feet on the ground it is expected to grow enough to be a regular on the list.

Does anyone know if there's any other Arkansas companies that come anywhere close?

Does anyone know if there's any other Arkansas companies that come anywhere close?

Stephens Inc is one of the nation's largest privately owned cos. JB Hunt and Acxiom are large but I don't know how close they are. Beverly was very close but it just ceased to be.

Stephens Inc is one of the nation's largest privately owned cos. JB Hunt and Acxiom are large but I don't know how close they are. Beverly was very close but it just ceased to be.

Yeah JB Hunt and Acxiom were the ones I was mainly thinking about.

Yeah JB Hunt and Acxiom were the ones I was mainly thinking about.

I think JB Hunt missed it by about 1 Billion in revenue last year.

That's great news for Little Rock, regardless if it's a fortune 500 company or not. More jobs is definately a plus for the central Arkansas economy.