Hope Lodge

GRDadof3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No

No they aren't tied back, and yes they just stand there. Look at the elevation/section drawing in the upper left of this image...

210925034_7c0d1169d8_o.jpg

The roof behind is flat, so they are just parapet extensions, no better than any big box retail...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Hope Lodge is going to bring great infill to the area. It makes "The Dayton" look much more urban, instead of the island that it was.

449990959_8a6baa88f3_b.jpg

Anyone know how many condos are sold in the Dayton? I have to say, the rooftop deck looks a little cheap to me.

Joe

I think cheap was probably a bad choice of words. The entry to the rooftop sticks out right now. Maybe it is the newness (needs a little aging) combined with the desolate grey day yesterday. The building looks great. The buildings in this area are the closest thing we have to rowhouses, which I love (unfortunately, parking lots have probably gobbled up the "rows"). ;)

Joe

OUCH! That hurts more than you know JoeD...

That frickin deck was VERY expensive.

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people who bought condos on the east side of Cherry St Condos are now going to have a brick wall for a view? I was kind of horrified when I saw the building going up there. Hope they knew what they were getting into - I'd hate to be trying to sell one of those units now.

I think the Hope Lodge is going to bring great infill to the area. It makes "The Dayton" look much more urban, instead of the island that it was.

449990959_8a6baa88f3_b.jpg

Anyone know how many condos are sold in the Dayton? I have to say, the rooftop deck looks a little cheap to me.

Joe

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people who bought condos on the east side of Cherry St Condos are now going to have a brick wall for a view? I was kind of horrified when I saw the building going up there. Hope they knew what they were getting into - I'd hate to be trying to sell one of those units now.

Archived