Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsutter2

Tampa Trip or St Pete Times?

14 posts in this topic

I think you mean the Tampa Trib not Trip. :)

For me, I'll take The Times anyday. It's one of the newspapers I read daily online. Several of my friends call it the BNITS (the best newspaper in the state.) Their state coverage is excellent. The Trib. is way too conservative for my taste.

The Times!! I think it is extremely wise for them to diminish the St. Pete name in the Tampa area because I think it helps them grow in the new suburbs north and east of downtown Tampa.

I agree that that the Times Web site is superior and I too enjoy reading that paper everyday. I don't dislike the Trib. I personally think it is great our region has two newspapers.

Imagine if the Trib bought the rights from Devil Rays to name the stadium. The Tampa Tribune Dome in St. Petersburg..lol.

I don't read either everyday, but the SP Times definitely wins in the website category. Though its archive is tough to navigate sometimes (but still better than the Trib!).

I don't read either everyday, but the SP Times definitely wins in the website category. Though its archive is tough to navigate sometimes (but still better than the Trib!).

As I see it, this is a no-brainer. . . The SP Times

"You read; you decide." :thumbsup:

Yep, the Times is pretty much the best paper in the state. I'm currently in Atlanta, and I can tell you the Atlanta Journal-Constitution makes me appreciate the Times even more!

HELLO: Well, did you all know that the St Pete Times is owned by the Poynter Institute, which is a high-end journalism think-tank... that explains the better quality.

The Trib should be purchased by the Times.... then some real journalism will hit all of our door steps. I do subsribed to the times though