New Office Tower in Sobro?

rosen108

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article said that BB&S would need 5 floors to match its needs.

I think it would be best if the firm went in with either Palmer or Giarratana (obviously his project on Church, right?)... and let this property go for a hotel/condo project that's not too tall (15-22 stories). Wouldn't this be appropriate for a hotel looking to be close to the new CC?

I think this helps fill in some blanks about the other thread here regarding the Nashville mystery. Somebody (Blokey?)... said he had talked with a developer who was planning a hi-rise on Second. Doesn't this look like it?

The article said that BB&S would need 5 floors to match its needs.

I think it would be best if the firm went in with either Palmer or Giarratana (obviously his project on Church, right?)... and let this property go for a hotel/condo project that's not too tall (15-22 stories). Wouldn't this be appropriate for a hotel looking to be close to the new CC?

I think this helps fill in some blanks about the other thread here regarding the Nashville mystery. Somebody (Blokey?)... said he had talked with a developer who was planning a hi-rise on Second. Doesn't this look like it?

I think you may be on to something. This project is described as a tower. I think 5 floors hardly qualifies as a tower. What if this thing was the 35 story tower people have been talking about?

Five floors in a new office tower is a pretty good way to start with the main tenants. I believe that property rezoned recently to a mixed use designation (smeag, help me with this).

I'm guessing this is the "mystery" tower people have mentioned. That's one parking lot that bugs me so I can't wait for something to grow there.

I don't know if anything's been said about a skyplane variance or not. I'm not sure one even exists there except in the Plan of Nashville and the earlier Gateway planning. And those are suggestions. It may be official, maybe not. I'm just thinking that the issue has never really come up too much because any development south of Broad is new and is still in the CBD. I just don't know. I think this one would be close enough to the core to not interfere with the pedestrian scale Gateway plans.

Not to mention the late night revelers. Where will they put their empty Coronas?

The site worked okay for me. Seems Barry builds to suit, suburban or urban. They have some nice looking buildings. I'd sure like to see a bling building on the site. Oh yeah, and don't forget the Crate and Barrel on the two bottom floors, please. Just a thought. :)

Not to mention the late night revelers. Where will they put their empty Coronas?

The site worked okay for me. Seems Barry builds to suit, suburban or urban. They have some nice looking buildings. I'd sure like to see a bling building on the site. Oh yeah, and don't forget the Crate and Barrel on the two bottom floors, please. Just a thought. :)

"Bling building?" Damn, did you come up with that? I'm jealous.

If you look on the "Viridian Cam" you can see this lot at the very top of the picture. I agree with you Dave, this lot has always bugged me. It will, however, tick off a few tailgaters if a building goes up there.

As the Viridian gets taller, the "Viridian Cam" gets way awesomer. Now you can see the Schermermerhorn, the Hall of Shame and the future site of the new mega convention center. The "Scene" article Dave linked to had an interesting quote refering to the Sobro area as a "Valley of the Giants," it would be cool to see if there could be some sort of plan integrating these behemoths within a sort of "mall" type area. Like a public square where conventioneers, tourists, etc. could easily navigate the cultural wonderland that is downtown Nashville.

I took a little sight seeing tour around Nashville today, the Viridian looks great, Church street is a weird, narrow, 2-way street now, West End has a lot of demolished buildings waiting to be turned into upscale chain restaurants, and the Gulch is still awaiting new construction. The crane for the whatever bank building behind the Ryman is nice though.

It makes me wonder why BBS did not sign with Eakin partners for the new Suntrust Plaza? I would rather see 5 stories as opposed to a surface parking lot. Nashville needs to change its mindset. We need to stop the sprawl out to Williamson County, and Metro Center where many lots are available. Dave said this morning that Metro Center may become residential at some point. I agree with him. I would love to see a bigger resurgence in downtown business relocation. Our suburbs have had enough. This building will go a long way to accomplishing that.

With the developments BBS are doing, it just reasons to me that they will want to do their own thing. I thinks there will be a lot more businesses coming into Nashville and many firms like BBS, American Healthways that are growing or moving to the city. With Nashville being numero uno on the list of cities for expansion and relocation I would expect to see a lot more growth from major players not only form the S.E. U.S., but from all over the country. If the economy holds up, we are going to be surprised at things that are going to be announced in the near future. I do not know anything for sure but I am doing a little soothsaying.

This whole discussion has me quite excited. What Nashville needs to go along with this new boom in residential construction (which is just now really beginning) is an office boom to go along with it. This project may well be the start of that. If we are right, this resurgence in downtown may be even bigger than I had hoped. I'm really looking forward to hearing details for this project!

I definitely think this could turn into a major project. " Office Tower" "Bass alone would need about five stories". I hope I not reading to much into it. I know its cold now but is there going to be another group meeting anytime soon? I would really like to show Lexy some spots to take pictures. I would do it myself but I don't have a camera. Maybe I could just send you the address.

I definitely think this could turn into a major project. " Office Tower" "Bass alone would need about five stories". I hope I not reading to much into it. I know its cold now but is there going to be another group meeting anytime soon? I would really like to show Lexy some spots to take pictures. I would do it myself but I don't have a camera. Maybe I could just send you the address.

Welcome to the Forum! It's great that we keep getting new members. I was at the last Forum get together, and it was a blast. I loved meeting several of the "faces" that were behind all the wonderful posts that we get. Anytime we have another forum meet count me in. I donn't care that I have to travel from Chattanooga to be there.

There is no doubt that Alex P 'wants' the project to work. Hell he has already invested millions in the site and the planning. But I think we all know that there are those visionaries (Tony G) that will a project to work and convince others to share the vison (and the risks). Then there are those (Alex P) that may have a vision but no ability to communicate the vision to others and no stomach for risks. I bet Alex P wants 70% pre leased before he breaks ground. This is no slam on Alex but rather a tilt of the hat to Tony G.

Archived