What is the origin or meaning of your username?

dubone

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea for a thread, iv'e been curious about a couple myself.

Back when I got into the internet and e-mail, and having screenames, I wanted something original that nobody else would have. So I just made it up, and to this day I haven't seen any other Mobuchu's. (Although I've been on the but end of some jokes about that Picachoo cartoon or whatever it is.)

Oh, and its pronounced "Mo-boo-choo"

I actually have four real names, three of which are related to the four classical elements. I only use two of them on the forums. "Avian" means bird or flight in Latin and relates to the air. "Keahi" is Hawaiian and refers to either fire or fish depending on the usage, and so recalls either fire or water. My third real name is Scottish for stone. The fourth is unpronounceable so I rarely use it it real life. :D

Mies van der Rohe is famous for his "less is more" mantra. Upon taking an architectural tour of Chicago, the docent kept telling us to "notice the Miesian Corners" on buildings at the Illinois Institute of Technology. She was obsessed with this detail. A Miesian Corner is basically an I-beam with a protruding line of steel running vertically. Best example is on the Seagram Building in New York. I had a good picture of one as my avatar, but it got deleted.

PhartNocker = Fart Knocker

A term of endearment on Beavis and Butt-Head. heheh. oh sure! :P

I used to play the Unreal Tournament series and used PhartNocker as a screen name. I have been using PhartNocker for screen names and forums for about six years now.

:rofl::thumbsup:

haha, nicely put

Mine is my last name with a few letters changed..

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty obvious how I chose my urbanplanet name:)

I was born in Hickory, N.C. but grew up in Charlotte in every way. Was there every weekend and some week days. I've never thought of Hickory as my hometown~

I'm thoroughly in love with Charlotte. I'm extremely proud when I tell people it is my hometown:) Even though I live in Seattle now, I keep up with Charlotte events via sites like this one. Viva la Charlotte!!!

I used to participate in a Saab owners forum a few years back and just kept using that "handle" because I was too lazy to try to think of something else creative. The other part is my name, if that's not obvious enough. It sure wasn't easy on the playground growing up with a name like Turbo....

I used to participate in a Saab owners forum a few years back and just kept using that "handle" because I was too lazy to try to think of something else creative. The other part is my name, if that's not obvious enough. It sure wasn't easy on the playground growing up with a name like Turbo....

:) i used to drive an '82 saab 900 turbo (white 4 door). her name was francine, and like most love affairs we "lifted" each other "up, to where we belong". it was fast and passionate (1 year)... then she started to drive a wedge between us with her constant neediness and complaining. i was young and did not understand... i was not the stock of suitor she sought. still, i will never forget what we shared in those brief but wonderful moments.

^Christine (my current Saab) must me the spawn of Francine, or Satan at the very least. She's beautiful, especially when she's topless, but she spends a lot of her time in the arms of others, namely repair technicians. As a matter of fact, I've booked her another doctor's appointment just a few minutes ago for some minor surgery. I sure do miss my old Saabrina. She was a '96 900SEt 5-speed and much more fun to drive than Christine, but no less "needy" I'm sad to say. I'm done after this one.

^Christine (my current Saab) must me the spawn of Francine, or Satan at the very least. She's beautiful, especially when she's topless, but she spends a lot of her time in the arms of others, namely repair technicians. As a matter of fact, I've booked her another doctor's appointment just a few minutes ago for some minor surgery. I sure do miss my old Saabrina. She was a '96 900SEt 5-speed and much more fun to drive than Christine, but no less "needy" I'm sad to say. I'm done after this one.

turbo, could it be we just expect too much... i'm so confused. i think the memory of being low to the ground, the soft whirring of the turbo as the autmn leaves part in my wake, along the blue ridge parkway... has lead me to question everything. all i can say is damn the swedes.

i have somewhat settled down now... i have been driving volvo's for the past 5 years. nothing fancy. '87 240 wagon and '92 240 sedan. pure tanks, i tell you... not as sexy as the saab but also not as devious.

*well, i should reign this back on topic... CINCO, was a name someone called me in dream in 1995. i found it odd and yet comforting.

Man. Originally Being born in Maryland and living in places like DC and VA, i've found that a lot of people i know (including myself) sometimes don't know how to classify themselves regionally. I know a whole bunch of people from the area who will be quick to say they're northern, while others will claim the south. i also know that on the eastern shore of maryland where i was born, there is a huge bilboard that reads "The South Starts Here" while many of my cousins who live in that area will say they are northeastern.

Also i spent about eight summers living in harlem with my brother but now live in charlotte and go to school in Miami.

I just consider myself to to have the best of both worlds. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This'll probably explain my whole view on all the sports related things in charlotte. Ricky Davis, formerly one of the most complacent and me-first sports player in the history of charlotte. However, he was an incredible leaper with a verticle leap of 40 something inches, and became my favourite player on a put back dunk off a Derrick Coleman miss where not only his head by his neck were above the 10 ft tall rim. I've had this username since I was like 10 or something who knows , okay maybe not ten he's only been playing since 1998, so I guess I was 14, I've used it for email addresses, AIM SNs, Skyscrapercity, ICQ, YAHOO, everything you can possibly think of. Seven Year Years down the road he has finally become a good player averaging 20 pts 5 reb 5 assists, after one time, three years ago, in cleveland when he shot a ball at the wrong basket to try to get a rebound to get a triple double. He has gone through number 31 and number 12, and is still number 12 playing for the celtics, but for some reason I will always be Rickydavisfan21

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ricky_davis/...x.html?nav=page

Archived