All Saints

Florida

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought it would be cool to have a thread soley dedicated to all of the wonderful things going on in the All Saints district seeing as how it is constantly improving itself. The All Saints District is rather low profile so we don't hear much about the changes going on in the area, but this may possibly be the most unique area of our downtown coming to life under the radar.

For some reason everytime I go over this way I wish I had a home over there... Imagine getting up in the morning, jogging around the block, walking the dog, school literally across the street, work (city hall) 3-4 blocks away... it would be a dream. Plus you've got the Civic Center right there, so no more needing to hunt for parking for Basketball games, and Tallahassee Thunder games (I want my Thunder back!). People who live over here have it made... especially if they work for the Department of Education or Museum of Florida History.

Many of the new buildings in the All Saints District were built by the same company...Benchmark Construction/Realty. It's two guys (a couple) that own it. One of the guys is pictured on the stairwell shot.

Have any of you eaten at Fat Sandwich on Railroad? It looks cool, but I've never heard anyone speak of eating there.

As always, great pix TJ. I love visual stimulation.

Many of the new buildings in the All Saints District were built by the same company...Benchmark Construction/Realty. It's two guys (a couple) that own it. One of the guys is pictured on the stairwell shot.

Have any of you eaten at Fat Sandwich on Railroad? It looks cool, but I've never heard anyone speak of eating there.

As always, great pix TJ. I love visual stimulation.

Probably the best sandwiches in Tallahassee. They make it fresh right there in front of you. I highly suggest you eat there if you are in the area.

• 4 weeks later...

Were to begin. Well lets see I work right in the middle of Alls Saints District. "The hotel conversion/Office building" This is a great area to work in because there is not any problem with parking and the Convenience to walk to Fat Sandwich or All Saints Coffee shop with my laptop for free internet is Awesome!!! I also enjoy walking around this area inspecting the old buildings and new upcoming buildings. Benchmark Construction owns almost all the Buildings on the Street. Including the New one going up next door. They have plans to redo the whole street. N-E ways, up stairs from me is a new Firm that just moved in "I don't remember the name at the moment" but one of the guys who is very cool bye the way he even offered to go drinking sometimes lol, was telling me how they own the old Coca Cola Building. He was wanting to take some drafting classes from me and look at some designs that they have for the old Building. He said that the plans are to turn it into an Office building and leave the old spiral stair case that would lead to a restaurant to attract the business lunch crowd and night crowd as well. They are wanting to collect old pictures of the CC building and put them on the wall to show the history of the bldg and the Old Saints area. He said that the inside would kinda have an industrial look to it "Ex being able to see the HVAC work stuff like that. Kinda like the Benchmark Construction building". They also have plans to build an "Artsy/Industrial" looking Town home Loft next to it as well. He was so excited about that project that he is actually saving up money to live in it his self!!! lol

Urban Planet is cool!!!! I like being able to see pictures of my office building in the above pics TJ.

Were to begin. Well lets see I work right in the middle of Alls Saints District. "The hotel conversion/Office building" This is a great area to work in because there is not any problem with parking and the Convenience to walk to Fat Sandwich or All Saints Coffee shop with my laptop for free internet is Awesome!!! I also enjoy walking around this area inspecting the old buildings and new upcoming buildings. Benchmark Construction owns almost all the Buildings on the Street. Including the New one going up next door. They have plans to redo the whole street. N-E ways, up stairs from me is a new Firm that just moved in "I don't remember the name at the moment" but one of the guys who is very cool bye the way he even offered to go drinking sometimes lol, was telling me how they own the old Coca Cola Building. He was wanting to take some drafting classes from me and look at some designs that they have for the old Building. He said that the plans are to turn it into an Office building and leave the old spiral stair case that would lead to a restaurant to attract the business lunch crowd and night crowd as well. They are wanting to collect old pictures of the CC building and put them on the wall to show the history of the bldg and the Old Saints area. He said that the inside would kinda have an industrial look to it "Ex being able to see the HVAC work stuff like that. Kinda like the Benchmark Construction building". They also have plans to build an "Artsy/Industrial" looking Town home Loft next to it as well. He was so excited about that project that he is actually saving up money to live in it his self!!! lol

Urban Planet is cool!!!! I like being able to see pictures of my office building in the above pics TJ.

LOL! I'm glad you like those pictures! :lol: Feels good to know they still serve a purpose. You didn't by any chance get the guys name did you? Was it Commissioner Winchester? I'm very excited about the work that Benchmark is doing over in the area and I personally think they are one of the best development companies in town right now. If I'm ever given the opportunity after I get my degree I'd like to apply to work for them, as well as K2, and St. Joe to see if I stand a chance at getting a job.

Anywho, the development next door that you refer to are The Cloisters right? Or is there something else that I'm not familar with. Also, is your father here in Tallahassee?

I've lived in Tallahassee my whole life and I'm just now finding about All Saints District, I never even heard of it. Congrats to the citizens over there who have everything right in front of them.

You know its funny to me how we have some college students who come here from other cites and become overnight know-it-alls on Tallahassee...

• "Oh there's nothing here I've never seen"

• "Oh this city doesn't have any nice neighborhoods"

• "Tallahassee looks like crap"

If they only knew what they think they knew. Like you EG, I've been here most of my life and there are still things out in this city that surprise me. There are so many roads that I've never turned down and I often like to take a new route only to amaze myself and fall deeper in-love with this place. I'm glad you said what you said, because for many I know, it takes a long time to see all Tallahassee has to offer.

some of you havent even seen her yet... sometimes you have to get out there on foot and hike a trail, or a bike. There are things behind the trees that even local eyes cant see!

I'm glad you've got that Camera, you and cityboy... maybe I can get some help with Picture of the Day. I want the Tallahassee forum to be the only one on UrbanPlanet that doesn't miss a day. We're Good to date, but I know its going to be hard to keep it up by myself.

You know its funny to me how we have some college students who come here from other cites and become overnight know-it-alls on Tallahassee...
  • "Oh there's nothing here I've never seen"

• "Oh this city doesn't have any nice neighborhoods"

• "Tallahassee looks like crap"

If they only knew what they think they knew. Like you EG, I've been here most of my life and there are still things out in this city that surprise me. There are so many roads that I've never turned down and I often like to take a new route only to amaze myself and fall deeper in-love with this place. I'm glad you said what you said, because for many I know, it takes a long time to see all Tallahassee has to offer.

:rofl: How can out-of-town college kids say we don't have nice neighborhoods. Unless they are implying that we are a big slum, then they don't know what they're talking about. If you ask me, it's really easy to differentiate Tallahassee's nice areas from the ghetto parts. North Tallahassee (7th Avenue, Thomasville Rd. and beyond) is the more ritzier, rich section, South Tallahassee is considered the ghetto part but with all the new housing being built and the drug dealers being driven out, it won't be that way for long. West Tallahassee (see South Tallahassee) East Tallahassee (Apalachee Parkway and beyond) is upper-middle class. Some homes over there could rival Killearn.

:rofl: How can out-of-town college kids say we don't have nice neighborhoods. Unless they are implying that we are a big slum, then they don't know what they're talking about. If you ask me, it's really easy to differentiate Tallahassee's nice areas from the ghetto parts. North Tallahassee (7th Avenue, Thomasville Rd. and beyond) is the more ritzier, rich section, South Tallahassee is considered the ghetto part but with all the new housing being built and the drug dealers being driven out, it won't be that way for long. West Tallahassee (see South Tallahassee) East Tallahassee (Apalachee Parkway and beyond) is upper-middle class. Some homes over there could rival Killearn.

Arrogant people from the outside will do everything they can to ignore the good things about this community. Its a wonder they chose to come to school here. I know I had my choice of a school and I chose to stay here at home because this is the city I love, and I wanted to stick around and support it.

I can't believe you're just now hearing about All Saints EG.

Archived