All Saints

Florida

I'm pretty sure that I had never heard of All Saints either until it was mentioned in the paper sometime in the last couple of years or perhaps even from this forum. I suppose growing up that most of my time in Tallahassee was spent on the North East, North and North West sides of the city.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of what you guys have posted here I finally ventured into the All Saint's District for the first time ever on Saturday afternoon & it is awesome. All this time I've lived here & just passed it by. Thanks to all for helping me discover this hidden gem.

Because of what you guys have posted here I finally ventured into the All Saint's District for the first time ever on Saturday afternoon & it is awesome. All this time I've lived here & just passed it by. Thanks to all for helping me discover this hidden gem.

:blush: It feels good to know this information is still of value. Thanks Glenn!

Good morning. I just spoke with my Business Neighbor about the Coca Building. The name of the company that is developing it is:

Winchester Brothers "Planning & Development"

310 Blount Street., Suite 218 Tallahassee 32301

They said they moved into the Building right across the street just to work on the Coca Cola Building. The person I spoke with is R. Corriveau. As I get more info I will let you know.

On a side not I took a small tour of the New Lofts or Town Homes that they are Developing next to the Cloisters "sp?" building. It is awesome but the construction workers said it will probably rent for like 2,000$ a month!!!. I am going to bring my digital camera with me this week and post some pics. So more to come. Every one have a good one!

I was at Railroad Square for their Frist Fridays event. They seem to do it every month. Most of the artist open up their studios to display thier work and hopefully sell some of it. It was pretty cool. We didn't stay too long because it was very cold outside. Thus we missed the drum circle.

• 2 weeks later...

PC100075.jpg

My girlfriend and I were driving thru the All Saints neighborhood tonight and we couldn't help but notice how large this new home is going to be. Its clearly going to be some sort of townhome, or loft development also. If I had the means, I would love to live in this neighborhood.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason everytime I go over this way I wish I had a home over there... Imagine getting up in the morning, jogging around the block, walking the dog, school literally across the street, work (city hall) 3-4 blocks away... it would be a dream. Plus you've got the Civic Center right there, so no more needing to hunt for parking for Basketball games, and Tallahassee Thunder games (I want my Thunder back!). People who live over here have it made... especially if they work for the Department of Education or Museum of Florida History.

Peter Rosen and Corri Byrne are the developers and/or owners of ALL the new construction being done in the All Saints Neighborhood. They are also the owners of Cornerstone Realty and Benchmark Construction. The projects underway in AllSaints are "the Cloisters", 423 All Saints, 820 Saint Micheal, 812 Saint Micheal, 810 Saint Micheal Street, 413 All Saints (Gilchrist and Crowe-owners) , "the Cloisters-phaze 2" , 310-320 Blount Street, "the Williams House" and "Midtown Metropolis" on N.Adams in midtown area.

Mr. Rosen and Mr. Byrne have spent the last 7 years assembling properties, sitting on the Gainse Street Vitalization Board, attend meetings with the city, designing their own structures, securing financing, and grass roots promotion of the neighborhood. The try very hard to hire locals from the neighborhood for various jobs when they arrise. Their home is FULL of art bought excusively from local artists. And twice a year they have huge parties that pretty much everyone comes too and are invited too! They live in the big house with the brick tower, right on Allsaints steet. I don't know any realestate developers that live right in the middle of their there own mess of construction. These guys do.

The real talent behind these properties are these guys. Micheal Mastry's name appeared only rescently associated with this neighbor hood - He is not a developer or owner- just the person who has a listing to sell for Cornerstone Realty. He has a very nice website too....ALL decisions with regards to design, style, architecture, financing etc...are the sole responsability of the owner/developers. Not a real estate agents.

Rosen/Byrne take great pains to design their buildings to "work" within the existing urban fabric. Little things like orienting the building toward the street, sharing driveways for multiple dwellings, placement of mail boxes at the sidewalk, and de-emphasis of parking lots do more to create a harmonious streetscape then simply what color the house is...cars parked in the front yards is a bad thing unless there is no other way to do it. But there is usually always another way. coby

Peter Rosen and Corri Byrne are the developers and/or owners of ALL the new construction being done in the All Saints Neighborhood. They are also the owners of Cornerstone Realty and Benchmark Construction. The projects underway in AllSaints are "the Cloisters", 423 All Saints, 820 Saint Micheal, 812 Saint Micheal, 810 Saint Micheal Street, 413 All Saints (Gilchrist and Crowe-owners) , "the Cloisters-phaze 2" , 310-320 Blount Street, "the Williams House" and "Midtown Metropolis" on N.Adams in midtown area.

Mr. Rosen and Mr. Byrne have spent the last 7 years assembling properties, sitting on the Gainse Street Vitalization Board, attend meetings with the city, designing their own structures, securing financing, and grass roots promotion of the neighborhood. The try very hard to hire locals from the neighborhood for various jobs when they arrise. Their home is FULL of art bought excusively from local artists. And twice a year they have huge parties that pretty much everyone comes too and are invited too! They live in the big house with the brick tower, right on Allsaints steet. I don't know any realestate developers that live right in the middle of their there own mess of construction. These guys do.

The real talent behind these properties are these guys. Micheal Mastry's name appeared only rescently associated with this neighbor hood - He is not a developer or owner- just the person who has a listing to sell for Cornerstone Realty. He has a very nice website too....ALL decisions with regards to design, style, architecture, financing etc...are the sole responsability of the owner/developers. Not a real estate agents.

Rosen/Byrne take great pains to design their buildings to "work" within the existing urban fabric. Little things like orienting the building toward the street, sharing driveways for multiple dwellings, placement of mail boxes at the sidewalk, and de-emphasis of parking lots do more to create a harmonious streetscape then simply what color the house is...cars parked in the front yards is a bad thing unless there is no other way to do it. But there is usually always another way. coby

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee CobyGuy! :yahoo:

Awesome information there Coby!

I wasn't aware of all of these different projects going on in the All-Saints area. Have most of those projects you listed been built, or are some of them still on the drawing board?

Do you know anything about Commissioner Winchester's project at the old Coca Cola plant?

Hmmmm.... very good call! :shades:

OK you got me....CobyGuy is Corri Byrne....Most of the projects stated above are underway or have been built. A couple are in the permitting stages and will start soon...If I can get some mo' low cost money to builds em......

I'll keep you all posted about the next party.....the winchester/coke building is also in permitting will be more of the same loft type/condos/mixed use...with existing historic elements blended in for flavor....can't say more cause its "TOP SECRET"...but you should be impressed.....just don't beat us developers up too much....its the pioneers (like us) who take the arrows so the settlers (like you'all) can come in later.....LOL

OK you got me....CobyGuy is Corri Byrne....Most of the projects stated above are underway or have been built. A couple are in the permitting stages and will start soon...If I can get some mo' low cost money to builds em......

I'll keep you all posted about the next party.....the winchester/coke building is also in permitting will be more of the same loft type/condos/mixed use...with existing historic elements blended in for flavor....can't say more cause its "TOP SECRET"...but you should be impressed.....just don't beat us developers up too much....its the pioneers (like us) who take the arrows so the settlers (like you'all) can come in later.....LOL

From this Future Developer to you Corri, I can't thank you and your circle of friends enough! You are leading a tremendous effort to rebuild this city and I'm all for it. As much as I love to hear about the Urban High Rise construction going on around here, I love just as much to hear about these modern, contemporary, well designed loft-type developments. I'd love to know more, and be able to see more of the projects proposed, but I understand how some things must remain top secret! :shades:

Archived