Metro District Condos

Mith242

This was mentioned before but I figured I'd eventually get around to giving each development in Fayetteville it's own topic. The mian Fayetteville topic has become rather huge and is sometimes hard to find info in there amoungst everything else. I had gone over and taken some pics so I thought it was a good time to start it's own topic. It's too bad but it sounds like they won't be saving much if any of the old warehouse for the future lofts. Matt was the one who found this info and I believe he said each loft would run around $275,000. Here's some pics of the old warehouse. Although I should warn everyone I'm not 100% sure that this is the location. But I walked along Spring St and most of it is residential and didn't really see anything else that looked like an old warehouse.

img52547av.jpg

img52660zk.jpg

img52714cw.jpg

img52706pr.jpg

img52518vt.jpg

img52645ct.jpg

img52495yz.jpg

img52736yy.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there going to tear down the warehouse and build a new 3 story modern looking building with around 50 condo/lofts there. I really wish they would just add onto that building, but I guess it's more feasable to just construct a new building.

Yeah it's really a shame because I like the look of the old one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the same group doing the Legacy Building is also apparently doing this one as well. I'm hopeing they'll evnetually put up a nice website like they did for it. But for now all I have is this pic I took from the paper. Sorry it's not the greatest but I guess it's better than nothing. Although I have to wonder if I have the right location. I have a hard time seeing this building fitting into the area I thought it was. I'd have to think that Grub's would have to be moved from the site too for a building like this to fit into that area. Maybe I'll have to walk down Spring St again and look again to see if I can find another old warehouse that could be converted into a development like this. I'll also go ahead and post a couple of other pics I took from the same paper. There was one of the Legacy Building too but no need to have a pic of it now that they have their website going for it. The luxury hotel is just listed as NWA. I was curious why they didn't list a more specific location. Just the Barber Group themselves apparently have 450 condos in development from all these projects.

sm5vd.jpg

sm24gi.jpg

sm37ro.jpg

Whoa that 300 Room Hotel is new!!!

Yeah I've been wondering about that. The last pic mentioned Fayetteville although I haven't seen any development that looked like that around here. I'm guessing the hotel will end up in Benton County since they didn't list Fayetteville. I'm also wondering where all these 450 condos are. The Legacy Building and the Spring Street Lofts aren't big enough to have too many. I think there are going to be some in that hotel. Guess that may make up quite a bit of their number. Looks like that hotel/condo building could be 20 stories. Maybe I should ask them on their Legacy Building website where they plan on putting it. :D

The Hotel in Benton County, very possible.

450 Condo's is quite a bit also. That practically triples all of the condo developments in Fayetteville right now.

Yeah most of the condo buildings are on the smaller side. I guess the Renaissance Tower will be the exception but a lot of that will be hotel too. I imagine a lot could be tied into the luxury hotel/condo building. The Renaissance Tower in Fayetteville isn't going to have the title of tallest building in NWA for very long apparently.

Lofts in Fayetteville = guaranteed successful investment

With grad students and twenty-something aplenty, the loft market will do as well as we allow it to as long as the property is near Dickson and the UA.

How is that weird loft project in the old feedmill panning out in South Fayetteville? As odd as it is, I like the looks and novelty of it. If there was a problem with it, I was thinking it would be location. I haven't driven that way in a long time, is occupancy sufficient?

Lofts in Fayetteville = guaranteed successful investment

With grad students and twenty-something aplenty, the loft market will do as well as we allow it to as long as the property is near Dickson and the UA.

How is that weird loft project in the old feedmill panning out in South Fayetteville? As odd as it is, I like the looks and novelty of it. If there was a problem with it, I was thinking it would be location. I haven't driven that way in a long time, is occupancy sufficient?

from what I've heard the area they redeveloped in the Mill District seems to be working out well. I can't say I know the occupancy offhand but I get the impression it's alright. Seems to be a good area to have offices anyway. I'd rather have them there than in the old Consumers grocery store that's on College Ave. I'd like to see the offices over there get moved and they redo that area next to Liquor World. I also agree with you on the building in the Mill District. When they first did it my reaction was more like why didn't they just put in a newer and nicer looking building. But the more I thought about it, it is an interesting and unique idea. I guess it's easy to want to tear down most buildings and put in nice modern structures. But you lose a part of your city when you do that. That and if you simply redo everything your city just becomes just like a lot of other cities scattered across the nation. I want Fayetteville to have a more unique and interesting identity.

from what I've heard the area they redeveloped in the Mill District seems to be working out well. I can't say I know the occupancy offhand but I get the impression it's alright. Seems to be a good area to have offices anyway. I'd rather have them there than in the old Consumers grocery store that's on College Ave. I'd like to see the offices over there get moved and they redo that area next to Liquor World. I also agree with you on the building in the Mill District. When they first did it my reaction was more like why didn't they just put in a newer and nicer looking building. But the more I thought about it, it is an interesting and unique idea. I guess it's easy to want to tear down most buildings and put in nice modern structures. But you lose a part of your city when you do that. That and if you simply redo everything your city just becomes just like a lot of other cities scattered across the nation. I want Fayetteville to have a more unique and interesting identity.

I'd like to crap on that uniqueness by copying the idea at the feed mill near Alltel Arena in downtown NLR. Don't take it personally, though.

I'd like to crap on that uniqueness by copying the idea at the feed mill near Alltel Arena in downtown NLR. Don't take it personally, though.

Well I guess I didn't mean that no one had ever done that before or anything like that. :D But I don't think I'd say it's particularly common. I guess I meant more along the lines of putting up cookie cutter type architecture that you find a lot in cities nowadays. Sure some of it looks nice but eventually you get a lot of cities that all have the same exact look.

By the way I'm going to try to get out and take a look again to see if I can find out if there is another location that this development could be taking place on Spring St. Might take a few local pics too, but it probably won't be till Sunday afternoon, I have family visiting this weekend.

Well I guess I didn't mean that no one had ever done that before or anything like that. :D But I don't think I'd say it's particularly common. I guess I meant more along the lines of putting up cookie cutter type architecture that you find a lot in cities nowadays. Sure some of it looks nice but eventually you get a lot of cities that all have the same exact look.

I agree, that's why I like it so much. It's terribly unique. The only negative is location isn't optimal. The NLR location would be damn fine, the only problem is it's still a working mill.

I agree, that's why I like it so much. It's terribly unique. The only negative is location isn't optimal. The NLR location would be damn fine, the only problem is it's still a working mill.

I'm hoping the'll do a little more around our Mill District to attract more attention. The mills south of 6th are all still working I believe. But there are some more north of 6th that need to addressed. One problems though is that I'm not sure if the others that are left are very usable compared to the ones already converted. But that area is near the intersection of 71B and 6th. A pretty big intersection in the city.

Well I went out looking once again for the Spring Street Lofts and another Barber Group condo development but I think I just ended up with more questions. I thought I had found the other condo development, I'm not positive but I think the name might be Lafayette Lofts. But the location almost makes me thing that it possibly could be the Spring Street Lofts instead but I don't think there's any old warehouse there. Do you remember if your source said it would be the former Reindl Warehouse or possibly just near it? I'm having a hard time seeing it going where I took those pics. It looks to me that they'd have to take Grubs out too to fit much of a building in there. Especially from what I saw of that pic in the paper. I'll post some pics a little later.

Okay here's some pics of what I believe is a condo development. The question is which one it is. In some of the pics you'll be able to see a little shopping center area. There a Flying Burrito location there and I know it's listed as a Springs Street address even though it looks like Spring Street starts across the street of West Ave. So I had been thinking it's possible this could be the Springs Street Lofts. But Matt mentioned it was an old warehouse. The Nadine Baum Studios of the Walton Art Center and this little shopping center used to be a part of an old warehouse I believe. I do know there was one in this area before this area was redeveloped years ago. Either way it's probably that condo development or another condo development I saw mentioned by the Barber Group. They mentioned one between University and Powerhouse Avenues. But the only thing I could find in the little area between those streets was a storage facility owned by the university and I don't see the university selling off any land they own to be honest. Redevelop it for themselves maybe. I'm not even positive what the name of this second condo development is but there was a mention of a Lafayette Lofts near the info I read so I'm going off the assumption that's the name.

What Pics?

Is this new condo development the one with the mid-rises, or the three story building?

What Pics?

Is this new condo development the one with the mid-rises, or the three story building?

Sorry, now I see the pics. :D

Are those warehouses in the background I see?

What Pics?

If it's the Spring Street Lofts then it's a three story development. If it's the other one I have no idea. I hadn't heard anything about this till I found out some info on the Legacy Building/Barber group website. I'm hoping they'll develop their website more to stuff aside from the Legacy Building. But seeing that it seems to be the next big project they'll have done I guess they're mainlt focusing on that development at the moment.

If it's the Spring Street Lofts then it's a three story development. If it's the other one I have no idea. I hadn't heard anything about this till I found out some info on the Legacy Building/Barber group website. I'm hoping they'll develop their website more to stuff aside from the Legacy Building. But seeing that it seems to be the next big project they'll have done I guess they're mainlt focusing on that development at the moment.

The warehouse looking buildings are a storage facility area owned by the university. All of this area is basically just south of the Walton Arts Center parking lot just west of West Ave.

What's the Barber Group's Website?

Every time I do a search on it, I can't find it.

They don't really have one apparently, they just have a little info over on their Legacy Building website. I got some of this info on the news section of the website. You want me to repost the link?

Archived