Metro District Condos

Mith242

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway I walked along Spring Street again trying to see if I saw anywhere else this Spring Street Lofts could be. But most of the area is houses or houses that have been converted into offices. I did come across a rather large looking house which turned out to be a condo building owned by Lindsey. But ironically it didn't have their usual 'Lindsey' look to the building. I think that building has been there a while. But I noticed they had a sign out saying they had a condo for sale there. It's on the area of Spring St closer to the downtown/Square area. I'll post a couple of pics of it later.

I should have done something like this before. But anyway here is a map mainly showing the Dickson St and Square area of Fayetteville. Not the greatest job in the world but hopefully everyone will be able to see will be able to see where many of these developments are taking place in conjunction with each other.

fmap022ax.gif

These are some pics that don't really have anything to do with this development but it is located on Spring St. It's a little bit more over towards the Square area. It's one of the few non-houses along this stretch of road. This will come as a great shock to Aporkalypse but it's apparently owned by Lindsey and it doesn't have the typical 'Lindsey' look to it. But since it's on Spring St just thought I'd take a few pics. I sometimes forget just how many smaller type condo buildings there are around here. A few of them I had heard about but it was before I discovered Urban Planet so I didn't pay as much attention to them. And of course they were built before this bigger condo movement seems to be going on too.

img5999s6ws.jpg

img6000s7at.jpg

img6001s6ma.jpg

img6002s7sg.jpg

• 1 month later...

By the way while I was driving back I actually saw a banner for the Spring Street Lofts and they will not be at the spot where I took all the pics of the brick wall. They will be on the other side of the little shopping area where one of the locations of the Flying Burrito is. It is basically just to the south of the WAC parking lot and between the shopping area and the railroad tracks. I'll try to go back sometime and take more pics when I get the chance.

That's good to hear. That old building is beautiful, it would be a sin to knock it down and place a newer looking building in it's place. I wonder if anything is going to happen to the older looking building though?

I have no idea, I'm wondering what it's used for now. For all I know maybe it's somehow a part of Grub's that just next door.

Okay I'm finally getting around to posting a few pics I took last week of the future development site. Although now I wish I had taken a pic from further back so you can see where the development is in proximity to the little shopping area right next to it.

img2127ss6js.jpg

img2128ss4vo.jpg

img2129ss2rg.jpg

Yeah Mith, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to see another residential project in the downtown area progress.

Yeah at least they're getting something accomplished compared to a lot of the other developments in Fayetteville. But the Barber Group seem pretty good about getting to work and not sitting around on their developments.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not a whole lot to see here, mainly groundwork. Looks like some concrete is also being poured. But I wanted to show some pics showing the little shopping area that will be next to the lofts. But my finge rmust have slipped and changed the camera's setting so the color is off. Just about everything I took today is off but these seem to be the worst. But anyway at least you can see some of the shopping area anyway.

img23757pt.jpg

img23763pk.jpg

img23770ea.jpg

img23788id.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some updated pics on what's going on at the Spring Street Lofts. Still no steel going up, just some foundation work so far. At the rate the steel is going up at the Legacy Building maybe they're waiting for the crane.

img2633ss0uw.jpg

img2634ss3pf.jpg

img2635ss7sq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an ad I've seen before but it was in the paper and black and white. I got this out of Celebrate magazine and thought people might be interested in another look at some of the Barber Group's developments. On the bottom left is the Spring Street Lofts.

img4531ss5fo.jpg

Here's an ad I've seen before but it was in the paper and black and white. I got this out of Celebrate magazine and thought people might be interested in another look at some of the Barber Group's developments. On the bottom left is the Spring Street Lofts.

I really like the design for Spring Street lofts.

I wish we could see a more detailed rendering of that one.

I really like the design for Spring Street lofts.

I wish we could see a more detailed rendering of that one.

It might take a few days for a response but I mentioned I'd be happy to get some more renderings from the Barber Group and post them on here. As I mentioned before, I'm hoping they see it as some free publicity and send me some more. :D

I got a pretty quick response this time but just a rendering of the Divinity Building. But he did mention to feel free to ask about their other developments so I did. I asked for more info and some renderings on the Springs Street Lofts. So maybe in the near future I'll have some more info and renderings of this development.

Is this in the general downtown area?

I'm noticing an ugly warehouse looking building in the back

Those warehouses are owned by the university I believe. This is pretty close to the Walton Arts Center. I took this pic from the parking lot. It's basically just south of their parking lot.

Those warehouses are owned by the university I believe. This is pretty close to the Walton Arts Center. I took this pic from the parking lot. It's basically just south of their parking lot.

Yeah it's UA's, and I think it's one of their facilities management/storage buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a response from the Barber Group. They included a rendering of the development. I think it's just a better view of the previous rendering they've been using in they're ads. But it's still helpful to get a better look at it.

springstreetlofts24su.jpg

Archived