Metro District Condos

Mith242

I've finally have gotten my bearings. Guess I hadn't thought too much about it yet. Anyway just to the left of the building in the rendering you can see the very end of that small shopping area at the end of the WAC parking lot. To the right you can see a little bit of the Nadine Baum Studios a little bit off in the distance. Nice to be able to visualize how it will look as a part of that area now.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess not everything can be a Legacy Building. I've wondered if they scaled this development back a bit because of it's proximity to the Legacy Building. Maybe they felt they were too close to each other for another big development.

• 1 month later...

Great Shots, looks like it will be a nice piece of infill for the downtown.

Now if only they could get rid of that disguisting power line poll and get some underground electricity, that would be great!!

Yeah unfortunately this isn't far from where they'll be putting in those big metal powerline towers.

:sick:

There putting in more disguisting power poles?

Yeah this isn't too far away from Dickson St. They need larger lines to keep up with electricty demand, There's a substation not far away near PowerHouse Seafood. Of course putting them underground would be great but it sounds like that's going to cost several millions dollars and no one has come forth to pay for it.

Yeah this isn't too far away from Dickson St. They need larger lines to keep up with electricty demand, There's a substation not far away near PowerHouse Seafood. Of course putting them underground would be great but it sounds like that's going to cost several millions dollars and no one has come forth to pay for it.

Damn... :D

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted any pics of this development in quite a while. But I figured there wasn't as much interest in this development with so many other things going on over in the Dickson St area. Anyway these pics are from the new extension of the Fayetteville trail system.

img3863sslc6.jpg

img3864ssia5.jpg

img3918ssln5.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Mith, to show an update on progress. I think that location is just awsome.

Man, you tore it up today with the camera... nice!

:lol: Yeah there were a few places like the Spring Street Lofts I wanted to get and I also wanted to check out east Lafayette for the church conversion condos as well. Most of the rest I just came across while I was walking around.

• 1 month later...

I was surprised to find that the cool curved-window corner-rooms on the south side are in bedrooms, not living spaces. And that the corner bedroom is not much larger than the arc of the windows square (not sure if that makes sense... one interior wall starts at the end of the windows, the other interior wall starts 3ft from the end of the windows.

I thought the apartments were small. Maybe it will feel bigger as they are completed. There is no drywall on the first floor but there is some on the 2nd floor. They are all two bedroom, two bath with an open kitchen-living spaces. The window of the 2nd bedroom in many of the apartments overlooks the hallway between the units. There is a neat courtyard in the center; it will be interesting to see what they do with it. The exterior is going to be very nice. There is a mock up on the west side of the parking lot.

There were 4-6 large exhaust fans over holes cut in the 1st floor decking. I wonder if they had a flood under the building.

Thanks for the update Thia. I've wondered since they are a bit further off of Dickson if they might be a little cheaper than the ones closer to Dickson. I've been curious to see how it will look when it's completed. The Legacy Building isn't quite turning out the way I thought from the rendering. So I'm not sure what to expect from this development as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived