The Dickson (Formerly the Lofts at Underwood Plaza)

Mith242

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can dig it. it looks much better than the legacy-- much more class, not just a glorified mcmansion.

I like the Underwood. I just don't see how it looks much diff. than the Legacy. That being I like the Legacy as well. What is so bad about the legacy. I'm just not seeing it. Compared to most things that are being built I would say it is very classy. Though everyone has different guidelines for what they consider class.

I like the Underwood. I just don't see how it looks much diff. than the Legacy. That being I like the Legacy as well. What is so bad about the legacy. I'm just not seeing it. Compared to most things that are being built I would say it is very classy. Though everyone has different guidelines for what they consider class.

I agree. Even compared to some of the other buildings the designers came up with in other cities, like Miami and Las Vegas, The Lofts, The Legacy and even St. Charles Plaza are the better designs. They all share the same characteristics of the Three Sisters Building, in fact St. Charles Plaza is designed by the same people that did Three Sisters. Even the Renaissance has some of that character. The only buildings so far planned for Dickson Street that doesn't have the Three Sisters charm is The Dickson and The Divinty, but it's good to have some contrasting forms or else everything will just become bland.

I agree. Even compared to some of the other buildings the designers came up with in other cities, like Miami and Las Vegas, The Lofts, The Legacy and even St. Charles Plaza are the better designs. They all share the same characteristics of the Three Sisters Building, in fact St. Charles Plaza is designed by the same people that did Three Sisters. Even the Renaissance has some of that character. The only buildings so far planned for Dickson Street that doesn't have the Three Sisters charm is The Dickson and The Divinty, but it's good to have some contrasting forms or else everything will just become bland.

I agree, I don't want all of the buildings looking alike. Traditional and Modern near each other gives an interesting look.

I went by Qdoba this weekend and the site had about a 15 foot hole dug out from excavation.

Mmmmm...Qdoba. I was just trying to decide whether to stop by Qdoba or the Flying Burrito. But yeah I'll have to stop by sometime and check out the progress of the hole so far. :lol:

The snow and ice may have temporarily halted construction on the ground. I didn't see them working on Saturday and there was still a bit of snow and ice everywhere.

Yeah that is going to potentially be a problem doing construction in the winter time.

I was tired of straining to see your pic so here's a larger one. :D I'm just kidding, but the larger render does really show just how beautiful this building will be:

319488369_1a7edada13_o.jpg

That's a nice rendering. You can really see how nicely this project fills the site to the right of Qdoba. It is also going to have street frontage on whatever road that is that goes down to Powerhouse, isn't it? Or is that a second phase??

M

That's a nice rendering. You can really see how nicely this project fills the site to the right of Qdoba. It is also going to have street frontage on whatever road that is that goes down to Powerhouse, isn't it? Or is that a second phase??

M

I'm pretty sure it's all one phase. Another thing is that Qdoba is going to have to move it's sign on the side of the building.

M

I think that you will be able to access the parking garage off of Powerhouse avenue. That is the street that goes to the restaurant.

Archived