The Dickson (Formerly the Lofts at Underwood Plaza)

Mith242

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few renderings on AMA's website of the building that I don't remember seeing in the past. Here is the link:

Lofts @ Underwood Plaza

Tnanks for the link. Yeah looks like they updated it since I checked it. For those of you too lazy to check out the link I'll post a couple of pics here. I'm wondering in that second pic if that's a 4 story parking deck there. It does say storage also so I guess parking not occur on all levels.

lofts_bright.jpg

underwood_1.jpg

Maybe they'll start building it someday.

I agree with you there. Wonder why it's taking them this long. They haven't even gotten the ground ready or anything.

Well, if you checked the Arkansas Department of Health Plans today, you would have realized that the Lofts at Underwood Plaza got an approval for all of the plumbing.

I don't know when construction will start, but that's one hurdle out of the way, and shows us that they are trying to get this project going.

Well, if you checked the Arkansas Department of Health Plans today, you would have realized that the Lofts at Underwood Plaza got an approval for all of the plumbing.

I don't know when construction will start, but that's one hurdle out of the way, and shows us that they are trying to get this project going.

Good to see things moving forward at least. I have to say the new renderings surprise me a bit, it doesn't look quite the way I envisioned it from the early renderings. Although I still think it will be a great development.

Good to see things moving forward at least. I have to say the new renderings surprise me a bit, it doesn't look quite the way I envisioned it from the early renderings. Although I still think it will be a great development.

Guys, these aren't renderings. This is a photograph of a model. And yes, Mith, this looks quite a bit different than the renderings they have posted all over the site. I like that design better though this could still be cool

Guys, these aren't renderings. This is a photograph of a model. And yes, Mith, this looks quite a bit different than the renderings they have posted all over the site. I like that design better though this could still be cool

I agree, if it does look like this I still think it would be nice. But I guess I was thinking there would be more stone rather than brick work.

• 2 weeks later...

According the Mr Underwood it sounds like there will be a groundbreaking next month. This came up in discussion at the City Council meeting whle actually discussing Qdoba wanting to add a dance floor (and possibly adding live music?). Just thought I'd add that bit of info.

I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing on tv is a meeting that's already taken place. I do want to actually get a chance to attend one of these meetings and not just watch them from the tv. Not sure if how much promotion would be allowed at these City Council meetings but I hope to eventually look into that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing on tv is a meeting that's already taken place. I do want to actually get a chance to attend one of these meetings and not just watch them from the tv. Not sure if how much promotion would be allowed at these City Council meetings but I hope to eventually look into that as well.

Thanks for the info Thia. I have watched a number of them on tv but haven't checked out them out in person yet. I had also wondered how trying to promote UP would work out there. It would be very interesting if we could somehow get some of them involved with UP. Maybe I can send them some e-mails and see what happens.

I heard there would be a groundbreaking for the Lofts at Underwood Plaza on Fri. the 20th. Their finally moving ahead on this project. Looks like ol' Rob Sharp is going to have a pretty big impact on Fayetteville. That is a very good thing.

Can't wait to see the Depot project.

I was wondering if that might be coming up soon. I've noticed that they seem to have stopped opening the lot to let people park in there.

I saw the aerial photo, but I don't know the area. How far is this from downtown?

Okay not the greatest shot but it should hopefully give you a little more of an idea. The downtown area of Fayetteville is basically where most of the thumbtacks are located. Then to the northwest you can see the Walton Arts Center which is on Dickson.

dfayvt3.jpg

Archived