The Dickson (Formerly the Lofts at Underwood Plaza)

Mith242

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they've had it dug out for a little while now. I've driven by and seen people doing stuff. I'm just not sure what exactly they're doing at this stage.

May'be there making the water and electric connections for the development. Before you know it, they'll be pouring a foundation and soon will have a 200 foot crane at the site.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe it was Matt who found this site a while back. Although it looks like they've come out with some larger more detailed renderings now. But yeah thanks for reminding us about it. :D

Oh, sorry Matt. I guess I had missed this at some point in the past. Still it is nice to see the project from this angle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well earlier in the week I noticed they stuck up a wall on one side of the hole with cinder blocks and today I noticed a concrete truck down there. I don't think they're pouring the slab just yet but it's still a good sign.

Nice. I was down there about a week ago and there wasn't any gravel. Good to see some slight progress.

They poured some concrete closer to this end but it's now under gravel. I see some rebar so looks like some more concrete will probably be coming soon.

I walked by the site earlier today and thought I'd take a couple of pics.

underwoodloftssite01vg7.jpg

underwoodloftssite02ot4.jpg

If anyone doesn't understand the concept of "zero lot lines" the Qudoba building on the left would be a great example. :lol:

Those two little sticks are providing a lot of foundation support, I'm sure.

If anyone doesn't understand the concept of "zero lot lines" the Qudoba building on the left would be a great example. :lol:

Those two little sticks are providing a lot of foundation support, I'm sure.

Lets hope some drunk doesn't stumble out of George's this weekend and lean against the Qdoba building to take a pee.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the newspaper people check us out. I was thinking what a coincidence when I saw a picture in the paper that seemed similar to mine. Just thought it was weird that we both went down there to take pics of the same thing. But then in the article there was a mention about what was going to be completed first, the Renaissance or the Lofts at Underwood Plaza. Reminded me of cowbreath's poll. There was no mention of UP. But there certainly was some interested coincidences.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the newspaper people check us out. I was thinking what a coincidence when I saw a picture in the paper that seemed similar to mine. Just thought it was weird that we both went down there to take pics of the same thing. But then in the article there was a mention about what was going to be completed first, the Renaissance or the Lofts at Underwood Plaza. Reminded me of cowbreath's poll. There was no mention of UP. But there certainly was some interested coincidences.

Newspaper and other media people do indeed read and also post on UP in NWA. I think it is an often used resource for them. There's been several times when a question has been asked here and soon after an answer was published in a local paper. It only makes sense- there is a lot very good information and informed people on here.

Newspaper and other media people do indeed read and also post on UP in NWA. I think it is an often used resource for them. There's been several times when a question has been asked here and soon after an answer was published in a local paper. It only makes sense- there is a lot very good information and informed people on here.

True, when we made a big fuss about what was going on about the Renaissance it suddenly popped up in the media as well. Now if we could just get mentioned a bit more directly. Could get more people to check us out.

True, when we made a big fuss about what was going on about the Renaissance it suddenly popped up in the media as well. Now if we could just get mentioned a bit more directly. Could get more people to check us out.

When I read that article in the paper it is exactly what I had first thought. Someone must be reading or keeping an eye on UP. It is not just people from the media, I am sure that most big developers like to see what we know and have been discussing.

When I read that article in the paper it is exactly what I had first thought. Someone must be reading or keeping an eye on UP. It is not just people from the media, I am sure that most big developers like to see what we know and have been discussing.

Yeah I imagine it's a good way to keep up on the other developers. I doubt they could just go up and ask them directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an updated picture for the Underwood Project. Nothing going upward yet though. They are still working on foundation work for now but I would expect steel to start rising over the early part of summer.

455614054_c1cc5f3b91.jpg

It's encouraging to see foundation work at all around here. Thanks for the pics.

Archived