Lowrise/midrise res projects, aka SPRAWL :)

malec

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting all those great pics Malec. That Ibn Battuta Mall does look very interesting. Are those live palm trees in there? I wonder who they keep them alive because it doesn't look like there's any sunlight. I also have an odd question. I've seen Ibn before a number of times. Does anyone have any idea what it means?

Yes the Ibn Battuta Mall is very interesting. They do have quite a few mall projects going on: Zabeel Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Mall of Arabia.

Wasn't the Dubai Lagoon just released yesterday?

I was going to make a topic on it, but forgot.

It looks very interesting with about 40 or so mid-rises. Looks mainly for middle income folk.

I don't know really. Probably because I like development and Dubai is one of the fastest in this. Also like a lot of their skyscraper architecture. I follow a lot of other developments too. Although I don't post about as much, I love London's new scraper trend and am also following developments in Hong Kong, Shanghai and other Asian cities. Any towers that look good interest me really. I'd knew about Dubai for ages though. My parents just bought a holiday appartment in Switzerland but were considering something on palm jumeirah for a while. They decided to settle with a more moderate climate :)

The reason for me taking an interest in Dubai in particular is probably because it's Ireland's opposite.

Okay that's interesting. I wasn't sure if you had any ties over in that part of the world or what. But I can see why you'd have an interest if you like skyscrapers. I do like Hong Kong and Shanghai too, but I've been liking the styles of buildings that Dubai seems to be doing a bit more. There aren't really any skyscrapers where I'm from either. :D

I do like Hong Kong and Shanghai too, but I've been liking the styles of buildings that Dubai seems to be doing a bit more. There aren't really any skyscrapers where I'm from either. :D

Same here.

I really like how Dubai is coming up with their own modern style of architecture, and are able to tie some Islamic style architecture into it.

There are plenty of scyscrapers where I'm from, but nothing like Dubai. :D

BTW, this is actually a very old render but we never got to see it this size. Just saying this because you can see the pinnacle on palm jumeirah but as we know, this has been moved to the waterfront.

Because that star shapped Tower Development looks like the old Jumeirah Horizons Project that was cancelled.

Archived