Pics of the Three Sisters Development

Mith242

Yeah I know I've taken some pics before and posted them in the Pics of Fayetteville topic. But I was also taking smaller pics for the topic back then. That and I particularly like the development a lot. Not only do I like the look of it I also like what it did for the Dickson St area. The Walton Art Center is what really got things going a while back ago. But the Three Sisters Development was the first mixed-use development on Dickson St. I think a lot of these current developments that are being constructed now are in part resulted from it's success. Anyway I was out taking pics of some of the current developments under construction. I was checking what else was near the future Legacy Building and ended up at the back of the Three Sisters Development and decided why not take some more pics. :D It's not easily visible but there's a parking deck on the bottom level of many of these pics. Now I wish I had also tried to take some pics focusing on it too. Perhaps another time.

img52993hi.jpg

img53002vr.jpg

img53012tn.jpg

img53021ns.jpg

img53071ua.jpg

img53080sg.jpg

img53104lv.jpg

img53152ka.jpg

img53176bu.jpg

img53203lu.jpg

img53211kl.jpg

More pics later.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some more pics. Those of you that know me will know that I'll probably have quite a few pics. :D

The last pic is some offices behind the colorful exterior shots I took in the previous post. Condos on the exterior and offices in the interior around the parking.

img53226zi.jpg

img53259il.jpg

img53268za.jpg

img53292oa.jpg

img53328ei.jpg

img53342kz.jpg

img53385kt.jpg

Thanks, I happen to like this development a lot. I like the look of it and I like what it represents to that area of town.

I've always been a fan of that development, it's been around a while now. It seems to fit into Dickson well.

I always heard they went a little overboard in construction costs and it's been a big money-loser since its inception.

I've always been a fan of that development, it's been around a while now. It seems to fit into Dickson well.

I always heard they went a little overboard in construction costs and it's been a big money-loser since its inception.

I hadn't heard that but in some ways I guess I'm not too surprised. It just looks like something that a lot of moeny was put into. Not some cheap throw it up as soon as you can type of project. I also wonder if it's just a little out of place. Dickson is mainly restaurants and bars. But the Three Sisters Development seems to be more focused on retail with the condos. It may have been better suited over by the Square.

I hadn't heard that but in some ways I guess I'm not too surprised. It just looks like something that a lot of moeny was put into. Not some cheap throw it up as soon as you can type of project. I also wonder if it's just a little out of place. Dickson is mainly restaurants and bars. But the Three Sisters Development seems to be more focused on retail with the condos. It may have been better suited over by the Square.

It looks pretty expensive.

It's sorta funny because I mentioned this development to a friend today and he said he and a number of his architect friends don't care for it. He said none of them think it fits into the Dickson St. he said he thought that Dickson St should build off the style of the Walton Art Center. Which of course I told him I didn't care for that building. Don't get me wrong I'm certainly glad it's there and everything. But speaking aesthetically, I just don't care for the look of the Walton Art Center. I guess I can somewhat see where he's coming from on the Three Sister's Development. But I guess I don't think it sticks out too much. Maybe it's just because I am biased and really like the look of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have done something like this before. But anyway here is a map mainly showing the Dickson St and Square area of Fayetteville. Not the greatest job in the world but hopefully everyone will be able to see will be able to see where many of these developments are taking place in conjunction with each other.

fmap022ax.gif

Archived