Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcheiss

The Torch

13 posts in this topic

Here's a great residential building planned for Dubai.

The Torch is planned for the Dubai Marina is suppose to be 84 Floors, which would make it one of the world's Tallest Residential buildings.

Here's a great pic:

torch.jpg

I love the design!

That's one nice looking building!

Though I must say, I don't know if I would want to live 80 storeys up in the air.

I really wish we had more buildings styled like this in the U.S.

This kind of design could fit in to almost any major American city, IMO.

^It would work well in cities like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

I admit I wouldn't want to live 80 stories up in the air, but it is a fascinating development.

^It would work well in cities like Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

It would look fantastic in Miami!

This building would definately be the center piece to most skylines in the U.S., in Duai, it's just another piece of the puzzle. :lol:

It would look fantastic in Miami!

This building would definately be the center piece to most skylines in the U.S., in Duai, it's just another piece of the puzzle. :lol:

Agree :rofl:

I do wonder why there aren't more buildings like this in the US. Not just this one but like so many of the ones that are being built over in Dubai. Is it because there doesn't seem to be as many skyscrapers being built? Maybe people are trying to design them to fit in with the pre-existing architecture? Or have we just gotten conservative in building designs?

I don't think these types of buildings would fit well with US skylines since they're too flashy and wouldn't fit well together. That's one of the reasons why the reasons to critisize fordham spire for example.

I don't think these types of buildings would fit well with US skylines since they're too flashy and wouldn't fit well together. That's one of the reasons why the reasons to critisize fordham spire for example.

I wondered if that could be one reason. I guess we might just have to wait for Las Vegas to become a larger city. I could see this type of architecture fitting in there.

Vegas is having a skyscraper boom of it's own, though nothing like Dubai.

It will only be a few years before Vegas will have a major skyline. I''m interested to see what it is going to look like.

Yeah, I could see a building like this working in Vegas, especially with the large condo movement they are having as well.

Vegas is having a skyscraper boom of it's own, though nothing like Dubai.

It will only be a few years before Vegas will have a major skyline. I''m interested to see what it is going to look like.

I could really see Las Vegas being a mini version of Dubai in the future.

^Yea I could see that happening as well.

Except without all of the marine developments of course. :P

^Yea I could see that happening as well.

Except without all of the marine developments of course. :P

Come on we know how they suck up water like a sponge in Las Vegas. They could just make a lake out there or something. :D