Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rizzo

Hotdogs

123 posts in this topic

If you wanted a dog, where would you go? This guy went around GR to find the best one, I'd have to agree with his decision.

Best Hotdog of GR

If you wanted a dog, where would you go? This guy went around GR to find the best one, I'd have to agree with his decision.

I like Yesterdog and Dog Pit equally. Love the Junkyard Dog minus pickle. I've eaten many a junkyard dog trying to soak up alchohol for the trip home. Very good drunk snacks.

I like that video, it was pretty well done.

Nitro

My vote goes for Yesterdog. A busy lunch in their is like no other place... organized chaos.

I second that. I plan on taking my vegetarian-wannabe girlfriend to Yesterdog to show here GR has some great places to eat.. ;-)

I'd pick the Grand Coney on Michigan.... good kogel frank there, owners brought in a good Flint Dog,

open all night, botomless coffee, chess games on the counter, little pink houses 4 u and me neighborhood

..... awwwww aint that America.

Anyone else here remember WDOG? It was a cool hot dog shop from back in the mid 80's. That was a fun place to go, I believe they even had a liquor licence.

My vote is Yesterdog. Yesterdog has a great atmosphere - organized chaos, yes, but unique.

Where did you find the vlog? I wonder if this guy does regular postings on GR stuff.

PBS ran a show a while ago on the best hot dogs in the US. I'm not much of a hot dog eater (although I do love a place off Armitage near Western in Chicago), but this show made me want to get in my car and drive, particularly to one place in Fairfield, Connecticut. Anyone know of it? It's a drive-up right off a highway. Yesterdog didn't make the list but they were mostly focusing on bigger cities like NY, Chicago, etc. (Although, seems like we should be at least as big as Fairfield)?

I'm a huge hot dog eater, usually twice a week. I love the mad dogs at the Dog Pit and cheddars at Yesterdog. I occasionally eat Red Hot's chili dogs as well, but havent been there in a while. I won't eat the coneys though, those really hard hot dogs give me the shivers :unsure:

I'm a huge hot dog eater, usually twice a week. I love the mad dogs at the Dog Pit and cheddars at Yesterdog. I occasionally eat Red Hot's chili dogs as well, but havent been there in a while. I won't eat the coneys though, those really hard hot dogs give me the shivers :unsure:

(questionable taste)

Sometimes those chilli dogs give me more then the shivers :shok:

( ends questionable taste)

Sometimes those chilli dogs give me more then the shivers :shok:

:rofl: Thanks for sharing... :sick:

Yesterdog is definitely the top dog in GR, but he missed the newly opened Ritz Coney on Ionia, the hot dog carts that pop up in front of the bars, and Yesterdog's long time rival, Cook's. Has anyone been into the Ritz yet?

I just went to the Ritz yesterday - the service was great, in fact, they asked me how it was more than enough :) - the atmosphere is nowhere near Yesterdog, but what do you expect.

I thought I heard that Yesterdog gets their ingredients from GFS - true? Not that it really matters...

I just went to the Ritz yesterday - the service was great, in fact, they asked me how it was more than enough :) - the atmosphere is nowhere near Yesterdog, but what do you expect.

I thought I heard that Yesterdog gets their ingredients from GFS - true? Not that it really matters...

I heard that too. You have to get ingredients from somewhere :huh:

They way I see it: Who gives a crap as long as the food is good!? :D

I heard that too. You have to get ingredients from somewhere :huh:

Thats the great thing about Yesterdogs. The whole is more than the some of the parts. You can take a nasty white bun, crappy processed meat, and some condiments, and they become something great :yahoo:

Mass word of mouth promotion and cleverly layerd dogs makes for a very profitable business. ;-)

I work for GFS and yeah, Yesterdog buys everything they use from us. But name a restuarant around town, especially in our area, and chances are they buy most everything from GFS.

I tried Dogtown on Stocking and 4th on the westside...pretty good dogs. The Taco dog was good...a spicy chilli cheese dog in a bun wrapped with a tortilla. :) Chicago dog needs to use poppy seed buns though.