Hotdogs

Rizzo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you wanted a dog, where would you go? This guy went around GR to find the best one, I'd have to agree with his decision.

I like Yesterdog and Dog Pit equally. Love the Junkyard Dog minus pickle. I've eaten many a junkyard dog trying to soak up alchohol for the trip home. Very good drunk snacks.

I like that video, it was pretty well done.

Nitro

PBS ran a show a while ago on the best hot dogs in the US. I'm not much of a hot dog eater (although I do love a place off Armitage near Western in Chicago), but this show made me want to get in my car and drive, particularly to one place in Fairfield, Connecticut. Anyone know of it? It's a drive-up right off a highway. Yesterdog didn't make the list but they were mostly focusing on bigger cities like NY, Chicago, etc. (Although, seems like we should be at least as big as Fairfield)?

I'm a huge hot dog eater, usually twice a week. I love the mad dogs at the Dog Pit and cheddars at Yesterdog. I occasionally eat Red Hot's chili dogs as well, but havent been there in a while. I won't eat the coneys though, those really hard hot dogs give me the shivers :unsure:

I'm a huge hot dog eater, usually twice a week. I love the mad dogs at the Dog Pit and cheddars at Yesterdog. I occasionally eat Red Hot's chili dogs as well, but havent been there in a while. I won't eat the coneys though, those really hard hot dogs give me the shivers :unsure:

(questionable taste)

Sometimes those chilli dogs give me more then the shivers :shok:

( ends questionable taste)

I just went to the Ritz yesterday - the service was great, in fact, they asked me how it was more than enough :) - the atmosphere is nowhere near Yesterdog, but what do you expect.

I thought I heard that Yesterdog gets their ingredients from GFS - true? Not that it really matters...

I heard that too. You have to get ingredients from somewhere :huh:

Archived