Hotdogs

Rizzo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend(who originates from Detroit) thinks that Grand Rapids is the craziest city she's ever seen when it comes to hot dogs. One of the first things she asked me when we met 3 years ago is, 'what is it with GR and hot dogs? It's like you have a hot dog joint and a church on every corner.' She says that her and her friends would rarely have a coney dog, but it was just rarely. She's still kind of blown away on our hot dog frenzy!

So I thought it was hilarious when GR UP had a thread 3 pages long dedicated to the delicious tube meat that is the frankfurter!! :rofl:

p.s. IT IS NEVER OKAY TO PUT KETCHUP ON A HOT DOG!!! NEVER! YOU'RE OVER 14, PUT DOWN THE KETCHUP!!! (p.s. the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council takes this stand also...it negates the natural flavor of the meat)

Theres festivals for everything else...why not hot dogs?

This is a MUST. Get every hot dog place involved, block off ionia street for a Saturday, crown a champion every year, walk your dogs(canines) while eating hot dogs, have Mustard Plug play :D , and enjoy the city while eating hot dogs! Who wants to start the Grand Rapids Hot Dog Festival (GranDog Festival)???

This is a MUST. Get every hot dog place involved, block off ionia street for a Saturday, crown a champion every year, walk your dogs(canines) while eating hot dogs, have Mustard Plug play :D , and enjoy the city while eating hot dogs! Who wants to start the Grand Rapids Hot Dog Festival (GranDog Festival)???

I do!

And people on this site say GR needs more to do . . . .have a dog and cool it . . . :rolleyes:

I would get in touch with the owners of all the major hot-dog joints in town and pitch the idea. It's a big undertaking to get sponsors, bands, permits from the city, rental equipment, etc.. If you can get Yesterdog or the Dog Pit interested enough, they can work on it (with your help of course :thumbsup: )

Everytime I see this topic on the front page here, I start craving a chili dog (or 2 or 3).....you guys aren't helping me keep my girlish figure! :blush:

you're just fishing for a compliment on your girlish figure, aren't you :D

maybe chili dogs help promote a healthy and balanced diet? the low-carb diets don't make any nutritional sense, so why not start the Yesterdog Diet ;)

this topic had been making me crazy, so on Friday i grabbed 3 Yesters for lunch... mmmnmmngoood! but maybe sstroh is right and i need to get to the gym right away and work it off.

you're just fishing for a compliment on your girlish figure, aren't you :D

maybe chili dogs help promote a healthy and balanced diet? the low-carb diets don't make any nutritional sense, so why not start the Yesterdog Diet ;)

this topic had been making me crazy, so on Friday i grabbed 3 Yesters for lunch... mmmnmmngoood! but maybe sstroh is right and i need to get to the gym right away and work it off.

No fishin' here....but thanks, now fish sounds good to me! :rofl:

p.s. IT IS NEVER OKAY TO PUT KETCHUP ON A HOT DOG!!! NEVER! YOU'RE OVER 14, PUT DOWN THE KETCHUP!!! (p.s. the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council takes this stand also...it negates the natural flavor of the meat)

:thumbsup:

While at the Arenacross on saturday my girlfriend went out to get me a hotdog. Of course she put ketchup on the thing so I had to give her the no ketchup on hotdogs talk. She thought I was crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

I would get in touch with the owners of all the major hot-dog joints in town and pitch the idea. It's a big undertaking to get sponsors, bands, permits from the city, rental equipment, etc.. If you can get Yesterdog or the Dog Pit interested enough, they can work on it (with your help of course :thumbsup: )

Get a Nathan's from NYC up in here, team them up with Yesterdog, center it around a new "Biggest Frank Eating Contest in the World" and stand back (literally :sick: )

I know this isn't Grand Rapids (sorry), but anyone ever had a Pronto Pup from Grand Haven? Best corndogs I've ever had!

Love the Pronto Pups. We drive out to Grand Haven every few weeks in the Summer. Park, eat three Pronto Pups, walk out to the peir, walk back, get some ice cream across the street and head back to Grand Rapids. Also love Fricano's Pizza. The one on Alpine doesn't compare to the original.

This group obviously does not have an issue with heartburn or indigestion.

If you're ever in Toledo and you want to go all out check out Tony Pacos'. They have the MOAD (Mother of All Dogs). It's a foot long Hungarian sausage on a hoagie bun piled high with coney sauce and onions. Their other unusual item is hot and sweet pickled peppers.

We went there after we took the kids to a museum down there and they talked me in to trying it. I ate about three quarters and I did not have a pleasant trip back to Grand Rapids :sick: . The things you do to try to impress your kids.

If you're ever in Toledo and you want to go all out check out Tony Pacos'. They have the MOAD (Mother of All Dogs). It's a foot long Hungarian sausage on a hoagie bun piled high with coney sauce and onions. Their other unusual item is hot and sweet pickled peppers.

I agree. One of the best sausage dog's I've ever had. They had some other Hungarian side dishes that were killer too.

Tony's is probably the best asset Toledo has, not much else down there.

Archived