Hotdogs

Rizzo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss Dog-n-Suds!! It was one of my favorite places when I was younger; growing up south of GR I always went to the one in Hastings. They had a great Juke Box!

I remember that place from my days of living in middleville.. good times.

I miss Dog-n-Suds!! It was one of my favorite places when I was younger; growing up south of GR I always went to the one in Hastings. They had a great Juke Box!

If you ever get up to the Whitehall - Montague area, there is a Dog -n - Suds on the road between Whitehall and Montague. Drive up and everything.

I learned how to play pinball at our neighborhood Dog n suds.

If you ever get up to the Whitehall - Montague area, there is a Dog -n - Suds on the road between Whitehall and Montague. Drive up and everything.

I learned how to play pinball at our neighborhood Dog n suds.

Good to know!! I'll have to check it out.

I agree the dog pit is pretty good. All the employees there are pretty friendly.. most places when I asked to put up a flier, they pretty much pointed and said 'ok'... at the dog pit, the guy was asking me all kinds of questions about it.. which was awesome

that and the dogs are delicious.. and they server orange crush soda!

can't beat that. My best friend and I are now going to meet there every monday for some dogs. mmm

As in the Ritz Koney on Ionia? I've never seen more than 3 people in there at one time and now they're buying out other places? I need to get into the hotdog business I guess.

You've obviously never been there on a Monday for $1 dogs. The line is usually 20 deep and every table is full.

The Ritz Koney has me captive due to their proximity to the office, but their service is horrible. I can't tell you how many times I've orderred a hambuurger to go and they haven't put any ketchup or mustard packets in with it.

The best dog in town by far is the Junkyard Dog at the Dog Pit.

Why doesn't Home Depot sell hotdogs in GR? All of the ones I've been to on the East side of the state do. It's nice to be able to get your stuff and a hot dog all at once.

There's a hot dog stand outside of the Home Depot on 28th and Patterson. At least there was when I went there about a month ago.

You've obviously never been there on a Monday for $1 dogs. The line is usually 20 deep and every table is full.

Clearly I haven't. That makes one busy day a week though. It's been months since I posted that comment and still every time I walk by that koney it's dead.

Clearly I haven't. That makes one busy day a week though. It's been months since I posted that comment and still every time I walk by that koney it's dead.

They've added Wacky Wing Wednesdays (50cent wings) and some other "specials", but those don't help at all I'm sure. They've cut their hours in the evenings now too, closing at 6:00 now.

I don't think they'll be around this time next year.

Why doesn't Home Depot sell hotdogs in GR? All of the ones I've been to on the East side of the state do. It's nice to be able to get your stuff and a hot dog all at once.

haha, everytime i go to home depot in Flint i always get a Kogels hot dog and a coke, lol.

• 9 months later...

There's a new hot dog and other food place on Fuller that just opened yesterday called Buddy's Pizza and Dogs. It's in the old burger king. I tried it this evening and it was pretty decent. I'm not a hot dog connoisseur so I have a hard time rating any hot dog place anything other than "decent" unless the place totally sucks. (I am, however, a root beer connoisseur.)

What is it about Grand Rapids? We must have the highest hot dog places per capita in the world. Is it a Dutch thing? A few of the dogs at Buddy's were named "Dutch"-something.

There's a new hot dog and other food place on Fuller that just opened yesterday called Buddy's Pizza and Dogs. It's in the old burger king. I tried it this evening and it was pretty decent. I'm not a hot dog connoisseur so I have a hard time rating any hot dog place anything other than "decent" unless the place totally sucks. (I am, however, a root beer connoisseur.)

I was sitting in Elbow Room on St. Patrick's day - about 10:30PM or so - and someone was in there diligently painting the wall in the dining room. That's some dedication I'd say. I hope Buddy's is successful.

• 7 months later...

Archived