Hotdogs

Rizzo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe no one has mentioned Cook's yet. It's near 44th and Eastern. It's basically an ice cream shop that has really good Chicago Dogs and ok dogs of other shapes and sizes. They had a shop in Dutton a while back - I'm not sure if it's still there.

Yesterdog is great for history, heartburn and hot dogs... in that order.

The Pit is ok if I'm downtown and need a quick dog fix. Yesterdog still has better dogs, if that's saying anything.

The Corner Bar in Rockford is a neat story... hummm, I smell a blog there somewhere.

The Corner Bar in Rockford is a neat story... hummm, I smell a blog there somewhere.

Love the Corner Bar. The record finally fell a couple of weeks ago to another woman......it's strange that the guys don't try to capture the record.

There was a very unflattering picture of her in the paper.

There was a very unflattering picture of her in the paper.

He He he... something about a woman eating a massive amount of hotdogs.. can't see how any picture COULD be flattering.. :lol:

:unsure: hope it wasn't anyone from here :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

GRD3,

I was in the area on Saturday... and they were closed. Are they only open in the summer?

Not a total waste of a trip. I took pix of the Corner Bar and other places around GR that serve hotdogs.

Wow, I don't know. Sorry about that. I have to admit I've only been there on weekdays because I worked in that area. :blush: At least the trip wasn't a total waste?

Wow, I don't know. Sorry about that. I have to admit I've only been there on weekdays because I worked in that area. :blush: At least the trip wasn't a total waste?

not a total waste. spent some time at the Wolverine shoe outlet. saw the sunset. took some pictures.

what's good on the menu at Dam Dogs other than hotdogs?

not a total waste. spent some time at the Wolverine shoe outlet. saw the sunset. took some pictures.

what's good on the menu at Dam Dogs other than hotdogs?

I don't think they have anything else :dontknow: If you do a search on the GR Press site, there was a review on the Dam Dog maybe a month or so ago. Their menu is just a marker board on the back wall.

A little-known gem, the Silver Derby bar on Burton and Eastern sells their "derby dogs" 2 for $2.50.

At 1:00am and after a few pints, they're delicious!!

I had some derby dogs on tuesday evening (as I do every tuesday evening) and they were quite delicious. Sometimes I get chili, sometimes I get just ketchup, mustard and cheese. Either way, they're cheap and they have that little snap that I know some folks love (I think they're steamed).

Went to the Chicago Pizza & Dog at Knapps corner for lunch today. Had the "Sears Tower Dog" - all beef dog, chili, cheese, onions and pickle. It was very good. I've never had a real Chicago dog, so I can't compare it. It surprised me that you were seated and waited on, seems like a pie & dog place would have a counter you order at instead. The waiter was young and I think kind of weirded out by the fact that I was a chick having lunch alone :shok::rofl:

I know this isn't Grand Rapids (sorry), but anyone ever had a Pronto Pup from Grand Haven? Best corndogs I've ever had!

The first time I ever saw this place was last week Saturday. I couldn't figure out why this little shack had a line of people down the street waiting in line. Someone said the dogs were awesome. I've got to try them next time I'm in GH.

It kind of blew my mind. The little shack that they are in can't be much bigger then 5'x10'

Nitro, if you're in Grand Haven again, you also have to try Fricano's pizza, and if you're ever in Muskegon, try G&L's for dogs drool.gif

You could just drive to Allendale.. They built a G&L on Lake Mich. Drive.. there's also one on US 31 in GH, next to Taco Bell I believe.. THE BEST!

The first time I ever saw this place was last week Saturday. I couldn't figure out why this little shack had a line of people down the street waiting in line. Someone said the dogs were awesome. I've got to try them next time I'm in GH.

It kind of blew my mind. The little shack that they are in can't be much bigger then 5'x10'

I know, it's crazy! All you get there are corn dogs and soda, but believe me they're the best corndogs ever! They make them fresh when you order so you get them while the grease is still hot...yum yum! You should see the line in the summertime!

I know, it's crazy! All you get there are corn dogs and soda, but believe me they're the best corndogs ever! They make them fresh when you order so you get them while the grease is still hot...yum yum! You should see the line in the summertime!
Pronto Pups are the best corn dogs I have ever experienced, I don't even enjoy regular corn dogs after eating hot Pronto Pups my whole life. I think we have waited in line for these things all the way past the restaurant Snug Harbor; a message in the window of the Pronto Pup stand reads, "This is cholesterol country, health fanatics keep walking." :P

I had some derby dogs on tuesday evening (as I do every tuesday evening) and they were quite delicious. Sometimes I get chili, sometimes I get just ketchup, mustard and cheese. Either way, they're cheap and they have that little snap that I know some folks love (I think they're steamed).

Maybe I'll run into you there sometime. I'm there at least once a week, sometimes twice. And the hotdogs are broiled, not steamed. You know the little grill area on the right side of the bar near the jukebox? Watch the preparation sometime!

Maybe I'll run into you there sometime. I'm there at least once a week, sometimes twice. And the hotdogs are broiled, not steamed. You know the little grill area on the right side of the bar near the jukebox? Watch the preparation sometime!

We've been there every tuesday for about 3 years. Used to be more than once a week but people moved and got married and things, so now it's just once a week. I guess i didn't know what that little machine was doing, they put water in it so I assumed it was steaming or somethin.

Archived