The Coolest Interactive Aerial Map of Providence

pdxstreetcar

Check this out...

DISCLAIMER:

By clicking the link below you agree not to blame pdxstreetcar for postponing any work you were planning to do today:

Windows Live Local - Providence Bird's Eye View

You can zoom in/out, pan around and check out other cities like Boston, NYC, Philly, SF, LA, Seattle etc.

Its probably easier to give up crack than this

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check this out...

DISCLAIMER:

By clicking the link below you agree not to blame pdxstreetcar for postponing any work you were planning to do today:

You can zoom in/out, pan around and check out other cities like Boston, NYC, Philly, SF, LA, Seattle etc.

so that's what crack addicts have to go through? man, i feel sorry for them!

using the birds eye view on the area of the future grants block, I realize how great it would be if Grants block did actually go as high as 200+ feet with that tower. PERFECT fit for that area... not to far from the biltmore's 220 feet and the other cluster of buildings in the CBD to make a great statement.

Also, viewing kennedy plaza from an angle which faces south, I see how great it would be to relocate K.P., and just extend the park all the way into the existing plaza area. Maybe not have as many trees in the middle.. just line the outsides of the park, and it could serve as that central public space that is needed.

Does this not work on macs?

That's what I'm looking at it on.

GoogleEarth is supposedly coming out with a Mac compatible version (screenshots have leaked to the Mac RumorSphere). I don't use GoogleEarth since I'm on a Mac, and my PC is too old to run it. I must say, MS is moving into the lead by putting this online while GoogleEarth is still, non-Mac, and non-older PC.

Check this out...

DISCLAIMER:

Geezus -- I'M STUDYING FOR FINALS! I don't have this kind of TIME! :angry:

Urb

i spent 4 hours playing with this thing today :(

you can even go in birds eye view in newport and tf green

be sure to check out the north end in Boston... wow does that look awesome

surprisingly there is no birds eye view in major cities like chicago, st. louis, portland, pittsburgh, detroit

Just wanted to note the feature that really got me was the direction chooser in the upper left. Clicking that lets you see the same area from different angles (N, S, E, W). Make sure you play with that. Very cool.

Ya -- I tried looking at my parents' house from all four angles! Good thing there are a lot of trees around it; one needs at least some privacy! :ph34r:

Urb

Archived