East Plaza Square Bldg (Former Bank of America Bldg)

Mith242

I've posted some of this info in the Fayetteville topic but since it's gotten rather big and sometimes hard to find info I thought I'd put each development in it's own topic. A while back ago they announced they were going to add some additional floors on top of the current building. At first I think I had heard 4 but more recently I've heard 2. Apparently at first the bank was supposed to be staying but not anymore. They apparently don't own the building and although no one is commenting officially it almost sounds like they're being kick out when the current lease runs out. There haven't been any condo put on or that close to the Square yet. I'm not sure since Bank of America is leaving if they'll remodel the building much or not. I'll post some pics soon.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you've been pretty busy lately in here mith.

Great Work!!

The last I checked, the Bank is only going to add 2 floors onto the existing Bank for the condos. Should be a great development for Fayetteville.

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out what they're going to do with the existing part of the building. There are some large areas with no windows. Not sure if they're going to do some minor remodeling or some major and just start all over.

Have they discussed street level retail?

No, but you'd think that they would put some in considering it's one the Square. They've been quiet on a lot of the info. Part of it I think being that they didn't initially annouce they were going to kick out Bank of America. Of course that's not official but it what it sounds like to me. Aside the fact that they're adding some floors on top and Bank of America is leaving, I haven't seen a single bit of info about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I should have done something like this before. But anyway here is a map mainly showing the Dickson St and Square area of Fayetteville. Not the greatest job in the world but hopefully everyone will be able to see will be able to see where many of these developments are taking place in conjunction with each other.

fmap022ax.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I thoght they said they were going to move out at the end of January or February.

I was thinking along those lines but it almost looked like they had the building shut off. I guess maybe there's an entrance in the back or something the employees are having to use to get inside.

I was thinking along those lines but it almost looked like they had the building shut off. I guess maybe there's an entrance in the back or something the employees are having to use to get inside.

I guess it's closed to the public than already. The employees could be doing inventory or other jobs to help move the bank to the other location.

I guess it's closed to the public than already. The employees could be doing inventory or other jobs to help move the bank to the other location.

That's my thinking. I'm pretty sure there aren't any side entrances. But I do know there's one in the back. I've taken some shots of the Renaissance Tower construction from their back entrance area.

It's official now that the building will only have 2 floors added onto it, making it 4 floors all together.

Granted it's the Square and I wouldn't necessarily want a very tall building there. But I wish they would have it stepped back and maybe add another smaller two floors on the back away from the Square.

Granted it's the Square and I wouldn't necessarily want a very tall building there. But I wish they would have it stepped back and maybe add another smaller two floors on the back away from the Square.

I agree.

It's always a possibility for them to add more floors on the project. I hope they fix the exterior on this building as well, and make it a bit more modern with flat brown walls and sharp corners. I think it would go in well with the other older historical buildings present on the square. It certainly would feel like you're in Chicago, well may'be Little Rock.

I agree.

It's always a possibility for them to add more floors on the project. I hope they fix the exterior on this building as well, and make it a bit more modern with flat brown walls and sharp corners. I think it would go in well with the other older historical buildings present on the square. It certainly would feel like you're in Chicago, well may'be Little Rock.

Yeah I'm not real crazy about the current look of the building. Not saying it's bad but just not to my taste. I'd also wouldn't mind seeing it blend in a little better with some of the other stuff on the Square. I still haven't heard any talk of what kind of remodeling and such they'll have to do on the current two floors. They could redo it to make it more upscale since it will be next to the Renaissance Tower.

Yeah I'm not real crazy about the current look of the building. Not saying it's bad but just not to my taste. I'd also wouldn't mind seeing it blend in a little better with some of the other stuff on the Square. I still haven't heard any talk of what kind of remodeling and such they'll have to do on the current two floors. They could redo it to make it more upscale since it will be next to the Renaissance Tower.

Yes, a modern look next to the Renaissance Tower as well would really give the square a sense of true urbanism.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a link to the group doing the Bank of America Building and the other projects they are working on. An impressive group.

http://www.amaregi.com/projects.html

I love their style. I wonder who does their architecture work? I love it all.

The Rupple Row development sounds cool too. I'm a pushover for Mission style A&C homes.

Edit: I see they are collaborating with Marlon Blackwell on the old library. I can see how that old building will fit his typical design. I can't imagine that he did the rest of that work.

I will not judge.

I will not judge.

I will not judge.

I will not judge.

Personally I was hoping they were going to change the existing building a little, but either way I look forward to it being done. They at least seem to be doing something unlike a lot of the other developments around the city at the moment.

Take the big Bank of America sign off the facade and you've improved it 100% in my opinion. Its not my favorite style building, but its not terrible.

Archived