East Plaza Square Bldg (Former Bank of America Bldg)

Mith242

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Any idea of what the addition is made of? It looks like concrete but it doesn't look like the corner supports are strong enough to support the weight of concrete. I'm wondering if it's actually faux concrete and how well it would age if it is. Also, any idea if they could possibly build additional floors in the future on top of the current additions?

I do believe it is concrete. But yeah it does look a bit odd being built like that. So far I think the actual additional is looking better than what I saw on the rendering.

I agree it is a great design and now that I look closer with the steel frame actually doing all the supporting it actually seems odd because steel frame buildings aren't what I'm used to seeing in NWA. I do hope that someday they could add a few more floors when growth demands it.

I agree it is a great design and now that I look closer with the steel frame actually doing all the supporting it actually seems odd because steel frame buildings aren't what I'm used to seeing in NWA. I do hope that someday they could add a few more floors when growth demands it.

I wonder how many floors they could add even if they wanted. Not sure how the building was designed. One thing I just though of is the fact that now the roof design will be covered up. If you look on Google Earth it stands out because for some reason they actually made a patterned design on the roof. I'd still like to hear a little more about this development. Other than the addition of two floors I haven't really heard much about it. Will it be all condos? Any retail space?

Speaking of AMA. I just heard of their plans of turning the Bank of America into cool shops. I don't know if this was part of their original plans but this whole thing is sort of turning out like the Peabody and the Peabody place in Memphis. The guy who designed the Peabody place in Memphis is working on the crew with this whole East Square re-development. Interesting

I wanted to move this quote over here so people looking in this topic can find this info. Good to hear, I've been wanting to hear a little more about what's going on. Aside from adding two more floors I hadn't heard many details. I had wondered if some retail would be involved. Could you explain what you mean by this will turn out like the Peabody and Peabody Place?

I wanted to move this quote over here so people looking in this topic can find this info. Good to hear, I've been wanting to hear a little more about what's going on. Aside from adding two more floors I hadn't heard many details. I had wondered if some retail would be involved. Could you explain what you mean by this will turn out like the Peabody and Peabody Place?

Just an attempt to bring major shopping in to a downtown area. By no means will the scale be that of Peabody place. It just sounded like this whole block will be one giant building with connections from each of the businesses. This will be wonderful for downtown.

Just an attempt to bring major shopping in to a downtown area. By no means will the scale be that of Peabody place. It just sounded like this whole block will be one giant building with connections from each of the businesses. This will be wonderful for downtown.

Cool, that is one thing lacing for the downtown/Dickson St area. There isn't a lot of retail down there right now. Have you heard any timetable on all of this? The construction seems to be coming along pretty well.

This sounds great, any idea on what kind of stores it will be?

Chains, Local Botiques, Upscale?

• 3 weeks later...

Was this near the Arts festival? Certainly is good to see pedestian traffic in the downtown, although it could be from football fans.

That's part of the Farmers Market. It covers all the Square. This seems to be usual turnout from what I've seen. I couldn't tell more people were there because of the football game or the Fayetteville Arts Festival. I don't go all the time but most times there's quite a few people out for it.

Was this near the Arts festival? Certainly is good to see pedestian traffic in the downtown, although it could be from football fans.

This is the way we look every saturday. Come on over to Fayetteville sometime and see the Farmer's Market. We go every weekend. It is ALWAYS crowded!

This is the way we look every saturday. Come on over to Fayetteville sometime and see the Farmer's Market. We go every weekend. It is ALWAYS crowded!

Yeah I don't go every weekend but I've never been and seen it slow. It's great we are able to have so much turnout and support for this. Of course I guess it's why our Farmers Market is often used as an example for many other cities in the area.

Yeah I don't go every weekend but I've never been and seen it slow. It's great we are able to have so much turnout and support for this. Of course I guess it's why our Farmers Market is often used as an example for many other cities in the area.

I can't speak for Bentonville, but I gotta say that the Rogers Farmers Market is a real joke. It's just a bunch of tables sitting in a worn out parking lot across the railroad tracks from all the historic downtown buildings. So Mith, Rogers and some of the other cities aren't following that example very well. If anything they're doing the exact opposite. It's been years since I've been to the Fayetteville Farmers Market, but I'd bet there aren't many like it in the country. Even when I visit the Fayetteville Square during the week I always have a peaceful feeling I don't get from any of the the other downtowns in NWA. I envy whoever can afford the condos on the Square.

I can't speak for Bentonville, but I gotta say that the Rogers Farmers Market is a real joke. It's just a bunch of tables sitting in a worn out parking lot across the railroad tracks from all the historic downtown buildings. So Mith, Rogers and some of the other cities aren't following that example very well. If anything they're doing the exact opposite. It's been years since I've been to the Fayetteville Farmers Market, but I'd bet there aren't many like it in the country. Even when I visit the Fayetteville Square during the week I always have a peaceful feeling I don't get from any of the the other downtowns in NWA. I envy whoever can afford the condos on the Square.

Yeah, the Rogers one is very limited, in terms of available merchandise. I think it's because the city like's the small feel of it.

I think in ways we just got lucky with ours. But I think ours has been around over 30 years as well. They started it as something to get a few more people back to downtown. Back in the days when everyone was going to the newer shopping centers further to the north, especially the Mall. I'm pretty sure ours started off small and got bigger as time went on.

I think in ways we just got lucky with ours. But I think ours has been around over 30 years as well. They started it as something to get a few more people back to downtown. Back in the days when everyone was going to the newer shopping centers further to the north, especially the Mall. I'm pretty sure ours started off small and got bigger as time went on.

We have a paid manager of the market, and that, too, I think has been critical to our success. A lot of yuppies/hippies/and college professors doesn't hurt us, either!

• 1 month later...

From the exterior it looks like the One East Center project is ready to go. Not sure what they have left to do inside or when they'll put the condos on sale. They could beat out the Legacy over on Dickson. I'm also still waiting to hear what retail/restaurant is going to be involved on the main floor.

boa01gr5.jpg

boa02ui2.jpg

Archived