East Plaza Square Bldg (Former Bank of America Bldg)

Mith242

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see that this project is almost finished. Also, I think a nice up class bistro would work well in that building, something like a european deli of some sort.

For all I know there's still a lot of work left on the inside, but it looks like they've really come along. Granted they were just adding two floors. I wonder when they announce more info.

Since I did something like this for developments around Dickson St, I thought I'd also do something for the Square and downtown Fayetteville. Although I only used a thumbtack for the One East Center/Bank of American Building. But it's not too hard to find for those of you not familiar with Fayetteville. It's just west of the Renaissance.

faysq01nc5.jpg

The developers are pursuing tenants very similar to what has already been mentioned in the forum- dinning and/or retail. I do not have any details (or even rumors) of specific prospects.

The first floor space (former main bank area) would be fun and interesting for either concept or a combo of both. I would love to see it open to the public and easily accessible for the common folk. The space could easily be transformed into an inside market with a gathering space in the center under the skylights. It could draw lots of people and energy to the square area.

I keep seeing commercials for this development on today's Razorback game. But the website they keep mentioning at the end of the commercial doesn't appear to exist. Maybe they jumped the gun and don't have the website for this development ready just yet.

If you had a condo that was just on Center St then maybe I could see that. But the Renaissance is going up right next to the One East Center and I don't see how it won't block it. I haven't seen too many windows on Center St so I'm not sure if any condos face that street or not.

The One East Center Condos are stacked three on three. All six have a great view of the square and the Boston Mtns. The view of Old Main from the south condos is mostly obstructed by the Old Post Office. The skylight in the center of the original building was retained (surprising but it makes a very nice, open space and keeps the first floor of the building bright and open) so the entrance on the east side of all six of the condos overlook the skylights and are open to the outdoors. All the walkways to the existing east tower (where both north & south elevators are) are covered. Looking east from the entrance of the condos the view is over the skylights and into the arched glass hallway of the existing offices on the east side of the building. I don't remember if you can see over that existing building to see the courthouse from the front doors of the condo. The east wall of the condos does not feel like primary living space (stairways and probably guest rooms) but has a generous amount of windows. The west side feels like a wall of windows with patios. West is definitely the focus.

(Let

I'm not following you. As far as I can tell at least 4 if not all of the One East Center condos face the Square. If the Renaissance building is a couple hundred feet east of the square with One East Center in between how can the Renaissance block the view of the Square from One East Center? The Renaissance will block the view to the east from One East Center, but not the Square. But even as tall as the Renaissance is, One East Center will block the view of the Square from the Renaissance.

KNWA had a short interview with John Nock. It sounds like Bank of America will occupy offices in the building. They also showed a little of the interior. I wonder if you can actually go inside now. It looked like there's still a bit of construction going on. I never went inside it before so I'm not sure if it looks much different now. I also wonder if you can take pics inside.

Archived