East Plaza Square Bldg (Former Bank of America Bldg)

Mith242

Any ideas of how to gather all of our autumn leaves pictures together? One thing this forum lacks is a good way to collaborate pictures into a photo album. Is there a feature that exists for this or a recommended website that collects pictures of geographic areas across the US? I'm not saying something like photobucket but like a shared-uploadable photo album?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I see what he's saying, I think he wants something more easily accessable than just a topic. Probably something closer to the way flickr is set up or something. I don't think UP is set up for anything quite like that as far as I know.

Any ideas of how to gather all of our autumn leaves pictures together? One thing this forum lacks is a good way to collaborate pictures into a photo album. Is there a feature that exists for this or a recommended website that collects pictures of geographic areas across the US? I'm not saying something like photobucket but like a shared-uploadable photo album?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't tell much is happening from the outside so I took a shot from a different angle. And for the first time I went by when it was open and I tried getting a shot inside. It's a bit dark though. I've got a faster lens on order so that will help me with getting some better shots inside.

oneeastcenter01ft0.jpg

oneeastcenter02xo7.jpg

• 1 year later...

They're trying to find retailers to fill the ground floor of the building as renovations continue. They're apparently modeling it after Grove Arcade in Asheville, NC, trying to bring in some boutique type shopping along with a coffee shop. Sounds like they may even have indoor and outdoor seating to add to the Farmer's Market.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been by the Square in quite a while. I noticed they're working on the main entrance of the building. There used to just be a group of plain looking doors right on the exterior. But now they've opened it up and have recessed the doors further into the building. I think it makes it look more interesting. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it. I accidentally bent one of the pins when the memory card went in and couldn't take anymore pics. I'll have to make it back down there sometime and post a couple of pics.

• 5 months later...

Finally changed the name of this topic (it still had been named the Bank of America Bldg topic). Took a quick couple of pictures over the weekend. They've still been working on the interior and main entrance. Apparently it will be the temporary site for the Science and Research Museum. Unless there was a problem of space, I wouldn't mind this being the permanent home of the museum. I think it would be a nice fit for the Square.

eastplazasquare01uw3.jpg

eastplazasquare02pg6.jpg

Finally changed the name of this topic (it still had been named the Bank of America Bldg topic). Took a quick couple of pictures over the weekend. They've still been working on the interior and main entrance. Apparently it will be the temporary site for the Science and Research Museum. Unless there was a problem of space, I wouldn't mind this being the permanent home of the museum. I think it would be a nice fit for the Square.

That building has turned out fantastic. I love how the new signage ties in the design of the upper condo floors with the rest of the building. Those guys did a great job. I hope the museum can stay there until it outgrows it.

Speaking of the square, it would be nice if the pay parking lots just west of the square (behind KNWA) were built into a parking garage, perhaps sunken, with a large building on top of it. Maintain the service alley between the new structure and those buildings along the western side of the square. Just a thought. Are those city-owned lots? Perhaps thats something the city should look into. The museum would be a great permanent addition to the downtown area.

That building has turned out fantastic. I love how the new signage ties in the design of the upper condo floors with the rest of the building. Those guys did a great job. I hope the museum can stay there until it outgrows it.

Speaking of the square, it would be nice if the pay parking lots just west of the square (behind KNWA) were built into a parking garage, perhaps sunken, with a large building on top of it. Maintain the service alley between the new structure and those buildings along the western side of the square. Just a thought. Are those city-owned lots? Perhaps thats something the city should look into. The museum would be a great permanent addition to the downtown area.

Archived