Nelson's Crossing, Upscale Shopping Center

Mith242

Here's another topic that's been discussed in the Fayetteville topic but I wanted to give it's own topic. This area was formerly a hotel. There really wasn't much need for it in this area of town anymore. That and real estate has gone up quite a bit in this area so it made since to do something else with it. This area is a little bit southeast of the Northwest Arkansas Mall. So far things are going rather slowly although I have noticed some steel going up. I'll have some pics shortly. It's being billed as a two story upscale shopping center. It's going to be done in a style to make it look like it's part of a Tuscan village. There's also another 'Tuscan' shopping center, totally seperate from this one, being built in southern Rogers.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Work!!

What's that 4 story office Building being constructed?

Is it the Lindsay Building?

I've heard Qdoba, Starbucks, and Marbleslab Creamery on this development, but that's it.

Yep that's the Lindsey Building in the background. It's on Joyce St a bit on the other side of College Ave. Thanks for posting the list of tennants mentioned so far. I haven't had time to look for it and post it. :D

Yep that's the Lindsey Building in the background. It's on Joyce St a bit on the other side of College Ave. Thanks for posting the list of tennants mentioned so far. I haven't had time to look for it and post it. :D

I'm wondering what some of the other tenants are going to be.

Local, Regional, or National Chains, I'm sure it's a combo.

And it looks like steel work has started, any idea on completetion date?

I'm wondering what some of the other tenants are going to be.

Local, Regional, or National Chains, I'm sure it's a combo.

And it looks like steel work has started, any idea on completetion date?

Afriad I haven't heard, it's going along very slowly. There wasn't any sign either to show what it's supposed to look like. A lot of other sites at least had that. I once saw a pic of a rendering in the paper. I wish I still had it and could try a makeshift pic to post on here. These developers need to do a better job. Let us know who's going in, when is the completion is expected, some renderings of what it will look like, or a website with all this info would be great. Don't know why developers here can't bother to have a website like some in other areas seem to do.

I know PF Changs has been rumored for this Development.

They are also in talks with Pinnacle over a restaurant in the Promenade in Rogers.

That would be great. Although I can just imagine what traffic will be like after it opens. Especially in times like now in the holiday season.

That looks like a great project for Fayetteville.

I also like the design of the Lindsey Building in the background, even if it is still under construction.

Yeah it might be more impressive if I could find any renderings to show. Some of these developers aren't too great on either a website or any signs at the construction site.

^There wasn't a website up for Trump International Hotel and Tower in New Orleans until two months after it was approved by the city council. And I consider an 800+ foot tall tower to be a major project, so I can imagine that developers take forever to put sites up for mid-rise towers.

^There wasn't a website up for Trump International Hotel and Tower in New Orleans until two months after it was approved by the city council. And I consider an 800+ foot tall tower to be a major project, so I can imagine that developers take forever to put sites up for mid-rise towers.

A lot of the developers around here never bother with a website. This area seems particularly bad. Developers in Little Rock seem to do a better job. I got excited one development under construction has a website listed on their signs. I got home and there was basically nothing there. Just some info on where to buy airline tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben Israel's Dixie Development & Management knocked down the Center Inn to construct retail and office space in Fayetteville. The company is working on Nelson's Crossing, on six acres at the corner of Joyce Boulevard and College Avenue.

Dixie plans to replace the rooms at the inn with 70,000 square feet of retail space in three buildings. Previously confirmed tenants include Starbucks, Golf USA and Northwest Arkansas Florist.

Whitley Dunn, property manager with Dixie Real Estate, a division of Dixie Development & Management, said Nelson's Crossing has signed sushi restaurant Rice Village and "a couple of national retailers that I can't discuss."

Dunn confirmed that Nelson's Crossing also will have "some local boutique-type stores" and office spaces upstairs in the main, two-story building, which will have 60,000 square feet.

Ben Israel's Dixie Development & Management knocked down the Center Inn to construct retail and office space in Fayetteville. The company is working on Nelson's Crossing, on six acres at the corner of Joyce Boulevard and College Avenue.

Dixie plans to replace the rooms at the inn with 70,000 square feet of retail space in three buildings. Previously confirmed tenants include Starbucks, Golf USA and Northwest Arkansas Florist.

Whitley Dunn, property manager with Dixie Real Estate, a division of Dixie Development & Management, said Nelson's Crossing has signed sushi restaurant Rice Village and "a couple of national retailers that I can't discuss."

Dunn confirmed that Nelson's Crossing also will have "some local boutique-type stores" and office spaces upstairs in the main, two-story building, which will have 60,000 square feet.

Any ideas if Rice Village is opening up another location or leaving Dickson St? I posted some pics earlier but I'm wondering if that steel going up at that location but I'm wondering if it's going to be something different. So far they seem to only be working on a very small area facing over to the College Ave area. I get the impression whatever building is going up will be something small and not connected to the Nelson's Crossing, at least not physically.

Archived