Nelson's Crossing, Upscale Shopping Center

Mith242

^Qdoba and Marbleslab Creamery are also tenants.

I haven't heard anything official but I've gotten the impression that Qdoba won't be leaving Dickson that they'll be opening another location. Perhaps Rice Village will go that route too.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything official but I've gotten the impression that Qdoba won't be leaving Dickson that they'll be opening another location. Perhaps Rice Village will go that route too.

I hope they don't close Qdoba off Dixon, I think Fayetteville can handle two Qdoba's.

I hope they don't close Qdoba off Dixon, I think Fayetteville can handle two Qdoba's.

Yeah I just don't see them having the Dickson location only open a year or so and then move it. I think they would have planned all this out better. Qdoba does seem to be wanting to be more agressive in expanding. I think opening two locations would more fit what they're trying to do. I'm a little surprised they haven't made any moves up in Benton County yet to be honest.

• 1 month later...

They've been working on one small building near the side that faces College Ave. First I thought it was part of the development then I thought it was something seperate but I'm beginning to think that it is part of it, just a small part at least. Looks like it could be in the style of the rest of the development. I also think I saw a sign for the development up. It may not be till this weekend but sometime later in the week I'll get over there and take some pics to show the sign and the progress.

They've been working on one small building near the side that faces College Ave. First I thought it was part of the development then I thought it was something seperate but I'm beginning to think that it is part of it, just a small part at least. Looks like it could be in the style of the rest of the development. I also think I saw a sign for the development up. It may not be till this weekend but sometime later in the week I'll get over there and take some pics to show the sign and the progress.

I believe it will be the new home of NWA Florist and the Golf store that are currently next door. I think that they are going to tear down the old building there on the corner as soon as they move into the new building. Then they will probably get more of the main building up after that.

By the way, it looks like Dixie Development (or someone) is building a 4-5 story building on East Joyce near the Social Security office. They have been doing ground work recently and they finally put up a picture of the new building. I don't know if it is just office space or mixed-use. You might drive by and take a look if you are in the area.

I believe it will be the new home of NWA Florist and the Golf store that are currently next door. I think that they are going to tear down the old building there on the corner as soon as they move into the new building. Then they will probably get more of the main building up after that.

By the way, it looks like Dixie Development (or someone) is building a 4-5 story building on East Joyce near the Social Security office. They have been doing ground work recently and they finally put up a picture of the new building. I don't know if it is just office space or mixed-use. You might drive by and take a look if you are in the area.

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering why they didn't do something with that little building on the corner there. That would also explain why they've been pushing that small development so much more quickly than the rest of it. They might not be able to do everything they want till the old building on the corner is gone. Also thanks for the info on the development on East Joyce. I haven't been that way in a while. I'm thinking of going out early Saturday and taking some pics around that area. I should show an update on the Lindsey Building as well.

Nice Pics Mith.

The last time I saw this development, there was about 3 pieces of steel up, It really has come along.

Yeah I tend to avoid this intersection so I don't get over here a whole lot. About the only good time to come over here is early on the weekends.

The southernmost side of this new structure is likely the Starbucks location. My source tells me there will be drive throughs at all new NWA Starbucks. Currently under construction are:

Nelson's Crossing

Tuscany Square location (Rogers)

Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills (Rogers)

Coming soon:

Starbucks in Pinnacle Hills Promenade

Starbucks in Van Buren as well

The southernmost side of this new structure is likely the Starbucks location. My source tells me there will be drive throughs at all new NWA Starbucks. Currently under construction are:

Nelson's Crossing

Tuscany Square location (Rogers)

Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills (Rogers)

Coming soon:

Starbucks in Pinnacle Hills Promenade

Starbucks in Van Buren as well

Thanks for the update cwsoot.

Great job with the pics Mith! Nelson's Crossing is gorgeous. I only hope the interior of some of the stores look half as nice.

Yeah I'm curious to see if this is a lot of hype or if this really will be the upscale shopping center they are claiming it will be.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally heard some more info about Nelson's Crossing. The first small phase should be finished in April, which it's almost already April. The golf and flower stores near there will move into that space along with a Starbuck's. Then they'll finally start moving on to phase 2 and it sounds like it will be completed in December. One store that has been mentioned which I don't think has been mentioned yet is a women's clothing store called Chico's. This weekend maybe I should go over and see how the first phase is coming along. I haven't been over there for a while.

I drove by the development on my way back from Springdale after I couldn't find the AHTD offices. I was surprised how much has been done on the first small phase of the development. I drove by it a week and a half ago and there looked like a lot of progress has been made since then. I haven't taken any pics of development recently but I really need to head over and take some this weekend. Looks like they have also started pouring concrete on the main second phase of the development. I also managed to find a rendering of the development in a magazine. I'll take a pic of it and post it a little later.

A clock tower in every development is so 1990s...

Ah well, better than nothin' I suppose.

:whistling:

I guess I hadn't thought of it like that. But overall I think it will end up being a nice looking development, especially considering the area it's going into.

I guess I hadn't thought of it like that. But overall I think it will end up being a nice looking development, especially considering the area it's going into.

Yeah, overall its better than most of what is going on for similar strip retail. I think it will look faux, but its better than no effort.

Something about that clock tower just kinda throws it off for me artistically.

I know its Dixie's signature on all of their projects, but it looks like an afterthought in that rendering.

Imagine the building without the clock tower...

I think it would look better.

Yeah, overall its better than most of what is going on for similar strip retail. I think it will look faux, but its better than no effort.

Something about that clock tower just kinda throws it off for me artistically.

I know its Dixie's signature on all of their projects, but it looks like an afterthought in that rendering.

I guess it doesn't bother me as much but I think I can see where you're coming from. I can see where it sorta looks like it was put in afterwards.

Okay here's a rendering I got out of Celebrate magazine. I haven't been able to find a rendering anywhere else for this development. The part shown will be the second phase that looks like is now underway.

img4526ss5in.jpg

That's gorgeous... too bad it'll be marred by being in such close proximity to the evil mall. :D

Archived