Nelson's Crossing, Upscale Shopping Center

Mith242

They use all "real" ingredients, that's what makes it good. Instead of artificial flavoring you get real coconut and pineapple. Of course, a family of 3 can spend as much there as they would on dinner at an inexpensive restaurant.

Sounds like something that would appeal to me. It's too bad they won't be opening that phase of the development till this winter. This summer would have been a great time for them to open and let people try them out.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More tenants announced for Nelson's Crossing. I think we know what is going to be in the first building by now. The much larger second building will contain a Chico's, a Rice Village, a Monday's Child, and Different Strokes. I have no clue what most of these business are, but this is least so far. They hope to be open by Christmas I believe.

Here is the article out of the Morning News: Nelson's Crossing

More tenants announced for Nelson's Crossing. I think we know what is going to be in the first building by now. The much larger second building will contain a Chico's, a Rice Village, a Monday's Child, and Different Strokes. I have no clue what most of these business are, but this is least so far. They hope to be open by Christmas I believe.

They're typical strip mall fare. Chico: womens clothing; Rice Village: sushi bar; Different Strokes: paint your own pottery; Mondays Child: childrens clothing.

Thanks for the update. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some picture updates on the second phase going on.

img6757ss8hz.jpg

I hope they do something with those ugly old power lines and those light posts don't belong in an area like College/Joyce. But I doubt it. No matter how modern and urban the developments get the infrastructure is still rural and poor.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the City Council has approved the third building in this development. I hadn't realized this but apparently the back of the building will be facing towards Joyce, not the front. The city was concerned about the look of the back. Looks like the city has been taking some of the Dover Kohl's ideas in hand. They apparently have been asking developers to put buildings close to the edge of the street and move the parking further in to the block. But this apparently made the developers turn the building around so that the front and the parking is away from the street. Not quite what the city had in mind. Sounds like the city also approved an entrance/exit along Joyce. The developers also wanted another entrance/exit near where the current Florist shop is. But apparently that will only be an exit. It sounds like the city was worried about how that would affect traffic. The Joyce College intersection was mentioned as being the second busiest intersection in the state. Looks like I need to get back over there sometime and update everyone with a few pics as well.

^^

That would be awesome if the back (front?) of the building would have a huge mural facing Joyce with plenty of lighting so it can be enjoyed at night. Maybe integrate the lighting into the mural so it looks like a Thomas Kinkaide painting. Just a thought.

I'm not totally sure what they're going to do. All the renderings I saw gave me the impression that they originally were going to put the front along Joyce. I wonder if there are any other renderings out there.

Hey Mith,

Did they mention who was the busiest intersection in the state?

No, I was hoping to hear that as well. If I had to guess I would say possibly the 71/412 intersection in Springdale or one of the ones around Little Rock. I'd think there would be some bad ones around Little Rock but I admit I really don't know much about how the traffic is down there. I do know that the 71/412 intersection in Springdale seems pretty bad to me even in comparison to Joyce and College in Fayetteville.

No, I was hoping to hear that as well. If I had to guess I would say possibly the 71/412 intersection in Springdale or one of the ones around Little Rock. I'd think there would be some bad ones around Little Rock but I admit I really don't know much about how the traffic is down there. I do know that the 71/412 intersection in Springdale seems pretty bad to me even in comparison to Joyce and College in Fayetteville.

I saw traffic count figures for those intersections, 412W and 412E at 71, a year or so ago and they were well below the 71 at Joyce figures. It just seems atleast as busy because there are fewer lanes there, a very large amount of traffic goes through the 71 at Joyce intersection. The busiest intersection in the state is probably the west terminus of I-630 (at Shackleford road, I believe). This intersection carries more traffic than any other in Little Rock. It could also be Markham at Shackleford just a block or two north though.

The intersection of I-55 and I-40 in West Memphis carries more trucks than any other intersection not only in the state, but in the entire US.

Here is a link to some updating digital camera pictures on Dixie Development's website. So maybe Mith won't have to drive all around taking so many pictures.

Here is the link for the Nelson's Crossing Project:

Nelson's Crossing

And this link will get you to the Commerce Park II site (just east on Joyce past Butterfield Trail Village) I think it will be a 4-5 story development:

Commerce Park II

Thanks for the links. :D Is this a relatively recent development or did I somehow miss this on the Dixie Development website? I don't recall seeing this before. Not only can you pick each day looks like you have quite a few times during the day to view as well. Looks like it takes a pic every 10 to 30 minutes or something like that. Although I still wouldn't mind going by and checking out the progress in person as well.

I saw traffic count figures for those intersections, 412W and 412E at 71, a year or so ago and they were well below the 71 at Joyce figures. It just seems atleast as busy because there are fewer lanes there, a very large amount of traffic goes through the 71 at Joyce intersection. The busiest intersection in the state is probably the west terminus of I-630 (at Shackleford road, I believe). This intersection carries more traffic than any other in Little Rock. It could also be Markham at Shackleford just a block or two north though.

The intersection of I-55 and I-40 in West Memphis carries more trucks than any other intersection not only in the state, but in the entire US.

Based on daily traffic, it's either Asher/University or Financial Center Pkwy/Shackleford in LR. I forget which one.

Thanks for the links. :D Is this a relatively recent development or did I somehow miss this on the Dixie Development website? I don't recall seeing this before. Not only can you pick each day looks like you have quite a few times during the day to view as well. Looks like it takes a pic every 10 to 30 minutes or something like that. Although I still wouldn't mind going by and checking out the progress in person as well.

I think they just got it up and running recently. I saw a small article on Arkansas Business the other day.

I think they just got it up and running recently. I saw a small article on Arkansas Business the other day.

Still form what I've seen myself and from the pics in those links it looks to me that the front faces Joyce. I guess I'm having a hard time figuring that one out.

Isn't Financial Center Parkway the road that continues on from I-630?

Yes. A little further to the west at some point it becomes Chenal Pky, so you can think of it as I-630/Financial Center pky/Chenal Pky

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I've noticed Qdoba isn't being mentioned anymore. I guess they backed out of opening another store in Fayetteville. Things seem to be moving along nicely at least. Both Nelson's Crossing and the Legacy Building should be finished this fall. Most other developments almost seem like they're waiting till fall to get started.

For some reason, I keep hearing On the Border for the cormer building. It seems like a nice fit for the area. The only Mexican restaurant I can think of in the area is El Chico.

Archived