Nelson's Crossing, Upscale Shopping Center

Mith242

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Williams-Sonoma outclasses those other stores by quite a margin so I don't believe they'll choose Nelson's Crossing. If Bellafont had any big box space I would guess Williams-Sonoma would choose that location for it's more "upscale" surrounding. My hunch is Pinnacle Hills will land Williams-Sonoma.

• 3 weeks later...

I think most people already suspect this but Marble Slab did drop out of Nelson's Crossing. For that matter I haven't heard any news of them looking elsewhere in NWA for the time being either. I think a number of those early tenants pulled out. Which would explain why there isn't much of a selection right now. For that matter I've heard they're having a hard time renting out all the space. It's not a done deal but there could be a Ben & Jerry's going in.

this entire development is kind of weak. the space seems awkward. plus, the access from joyce is hard to negotiate. maybe they just haven't painted, but i couldn't tell if there was one-way or two-way access when i pulled in from joyce directly into the nelson's crossing parking lot. and trying to get out of there was even harder. at this point it's more of a spectacle than a destination. word?

this entire development is kind of weak. the space seems awkward. plus, the access from joyce is hard to negotiate. maybe they just haven't painted, but i couldn't tell if there was one-way or two-way access when i pulled in from joyce directly into the nelson's crossing parking lot. and trying to get out of there was even harder. at this point it's more of a spectacle than a destination. word?

• 2 months later...

The third building has started to rise in front of the main building. I still have not heard what will be in this final part of the project. I believe there was some talk of a restaurant and maybe Kirklands. Still, I don't know for sure.

The third building has started to rise in front of the main building. I still have not heard what will be in this final part of the project. I believe there was some talk of a restaurant and maybe Kirklands. Still, I don't know for sure.

• 3 months later...

Looks like Nelson's Crossing is under new management. A Little Rock firm is now managing it instead of Dixie Management and Investments to try to increase occupancy. I hadn't noticed until today but now they've put the actual name on the building itself. I guess I can understand them wanting to get the name out there. But it seemed a bit tacky to me. Especially since this was tauted as supposedly being Fayetteville's 'upscale' retail area. This Little Rock firm is also now managing Commerce Park II further west on Joyce as well.

man, I've got to get you a subscription.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.as...11478&cID=h

Flake & Kelley (founded in LR since 1979) is a big presence up here right now. I've been impressed with what they've done with Evelyn Hills, for example. They've added Maudie's Seafood Market and Oseguera's and have a pretty decent tenant mix going right now. That place was languishing for so long but it's gotten way better. Plus, Dixie is in such turmoil right now they just need help on the basics like bills and cash flow.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.as...11478&cID=h

Flake & Kelley (founded in LR since 1979) is a big presence up here right now. I've been impressed with what they've done with Evelyn Hills, for example. They've added Maudie's Seafood Market and Oseguera's and have a pretty decent tenant mix going right now. That place was languishing for so long but it's gotten way better. Plus, Dixie is in such turmoil right now they just need help on the basics like bills and cash flow.

I have to say that Nelson's Crossing has the worst access and parking lot I have ever seen. Just come from where I live to Starbuck's some time and try to get in there to park. It's ridiculous! And your reward once you get there after making countless left turns is a dead-end parking lot without a space to park.

I have to say that Nelson's Crossing has the worst access and parking lot I have ever seen. Just come from where I live to Starbuck's some time and try to get in there to park. It's ridiculous! And your reward once you get there after making countless left turns is a dead-end parking lot without a space to park.

I want a subscription, Andrew! Send me a sign-up link sometime and you will be building your pub's circulation.

Mark

Archived