Timberstone Condo Development

Mith242

Here's something that Matt posted a while back ago. I had never heard anything about it. I was going to look more into it and just basically forgot about it. I happened to remember it while I was out taking pics of developments. It's nice thing to see, there's hasn't bene much development on College Ave and some areas of the main strip is starting to get a bit rundown. After seeing what's been going on around the Square and Dickson I was hoping to see something start happening on College Ave. Although I'm a bit surprised this isn't happening a little closer to Dickson St. This is an old Conoco gas station at the corner of College Ave and Lafayette. It's a bit of an odd area though, not exactly where you'd expect to see some condos. I'm really hoping that this helps starts some redevelopment along College Ave. Here's a few pics I took earlier.

img55234op.jpg

img55247dn.jpg

img55223ex.jpg

img55252bz.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be a good development for College Ave.

I'm hoping this project will start a spark like Dixon has had, and that part can get cleaned up a bit.

That would certainly be great. But if there was going to be a condo development that didn't do well this would be my pick. Maybe they won't be as expensive as other places, but it might be far enough away from Dickson to not be as desirable as other condo projects. It's mainly surrounded by older retail.

That would certainly be great. But if there was going to be a condo development that didn't do well this would be my pick. Maybe they won't be as expensive as other places, but it might be far enough away from Dickson to not be as desirable as other condo projects. It's mainly surrounded by older retail.

It could be geared more for the middle-class.

You never know, it could start a trend. I'm pretty sure this project is in compliance with the downtown Master plan.

It could be geared more for the middle-class.

You never know, it could start a trend. I'm pretty sure this project is in compliance with the downtown Master plan.

That is one think I've wondered about. So far not many of the condos seem to be aimed at the middle class. That's one aspect I'd really like to see change. It's either that of they are just planning ahead and expect this area of College Ave to be a hot area in the near future.

That is one think I've wondered about. So far not many of the condos seem to be aimed at the middle class. That's one aspect I'd really like to see change. It's either that of they are just planning ahead and expect this area of College Ave to be a hot area in the near future.

Middle Class Condos will probably be the next big thing in Fayetteville.

I still think that the expensive condos will still do very well, but I think a Middle Class Condo Boom could be eminet, due to Fayetteville becoming more and more urban.

This should be a good development for College Ave.

I'm hoping this project will start a spark like Dixon has had, and that part can get cleaned up a bit.

If you ask me I think its going to be Retail/office space...They will build to needs, so they are advertising toward whatever people want, but like that new building they but on College, close to dowtown, I think it will be offices which is fine with me. Also does anyone know wha they are doing with that old club that is all boarded up on college? The one right behind the movie store?

If you ask me I think its going to be Retail/office space...They will build to needs, so they are advertising toward whatever people want, but like that new building they but on College, close to dowtown, I think it will be offices which is fine with me. Also does anyone know wha they are doing with that old club that is all boarded up on college? The one right behind the movie store?

There will be some retail, I said have said a mixed-use development not condo. Although there are supposed to be condos also. I do like Matt's idea of having some condos for the middle class. And I'm also still trying to find out what they are doing with the old club too. I remember hearing about the guy closing it down but I'm not sure if he sold it or not. I really haven't heard anything definant on that site.

Well if you find anything about the club let me know...its a eye sore now cause its all boarded up. I am glad about the development along College. The street has been getting run down and actually looks terrible. One thing I would like to see is that all those little "strip malls" that have like 3 or 4 stores go away. I think those are all cheap looking and an eye sore. Hopefully with all the new money coming into NWA arkansas tha some major changes will be made along the main roads in Fay.

Well if you find anything about the club let me know...its a eye sore now cause its all boarded up. I am glad about the development along College. The street has been getting run down and actually looks terrible. One thing I would like to see is that all those little "strip malls" that have like 3 or 4 stores go away. I think those are all cheap looking and an eye sore. Hopefully with all the new money coming into NWA arkansas tha some major changes will be made along the main roads in Fay.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out which way I'd prefer to have College Ave. I hate everything having it's own little driveway, you have people stopping all over the place. I'd rather then have some way to reduce the number entrances/exits. I guess if we had a way to redo it, I'd prefer something more like Dickson. Move the buildings up to the front and put the small parking areas in back away from the street. Not sure how well that would work with all of it being the way it is.

• 4 months later...

I've noticed that I haven't seen the sign for this development in quite a while and there hasn't been any work done. Not sure if this plan has been scrapped or what. I've been meaning to mention this for a couple of weeks now but keep forgetting about it. Has anyone else heard anything?

I've noticed that I haven't seen the sign for this development in quite a while and there hasn't been any work done. Not sure if this plan has been scrapped or what. I've been meaning to mention this for a couple of weeks now but keep forgetting about it. Has anyone else heard anything?

I haven't read anything about it, but I haven't seen any signs of activity on that site since they put up that sign.

I haven't read anything about it, but I haven't seen any signs of activity on that site since they put up that sign.

Yeah that and the fact that I haven't seen the sign in a while makes me think that they pulled out of this project. Guess College Ave isn't quite ready for condos just yet. But since everyone keeps complaining about Dickson St being developed I wonder if people would be more accepting of some of these developments on College Ave.

Yeah that and the fact that I haven't seen the sign in a while makes me think that they pulled out of this project. Guess College Ave isn't quite ready for condos just yet. But since everyone keeps complaining about Dickson St being developed I wonder if people would be more accepting of some of these developments on College Ave.

College needs some rejuvenation. Between Dickson and the mall area, it's not a very impressive looking stretch of road, but it looks especially bad close to Dickson. It does look like some things are being worked on, but some new development certainly wouldn't hurt. I don't think the location for the Timberstone project was ideal for condos because of the surrounding buildings on college, but that area shouldn't be too bad, considering the residential areas behind it.

College needs some rejuvenation. Between Dickson and the mall area, it's not a very impressive looking stretch of road, but it looks especially bad close to Dickson. It does look like some things are being worked on, but some new development certainly wouldn't hurt. I don't think the location for the Timberstone project was ideal for condos because of the surrounding buildings on college, but that area shouldn't be too bad, considering the residential areas behind it.

I think maybe it's just a little ahead of it's time. Make a few changes and I could see that area taking off. The Washington-Willow Historical District is just a little over. That's a nice desirble area to live. It's odd that it's just a little bit from a somewhat rundown area of College. But I think it's just a matter of time before that area eventually takes off being that close to the historical district.

I think maybe it's just a little ahead of it's time. Make a few changes and I could see that area taking off. The Washington-Willow Historical District is just a little over. That's a nice desirble area to live. It's odd that it's just a little bit from a somewhat rundown area of College. But I think it's just a matter of time before that area eventually takes off being that close to the historical district.

I think it has to do with College Ave not being the least bit walkable. College Ave is a traffic clogged road with "late model" buildings on either side. Condos will be more suited to a downtown area or a massive commercial area like NWA Mall or Pinnacle Hills.

I think it has to do with College Ave not being the least bit walkable. College Ave is a traffic clogged road with "late model" buildings on either side. Condos will be more suited to a downtown area or a massive commercial area like NWA Mall or Pinnacle Hills.

This area isn't too far away from the downtown area. And it's pretty close to a rather desirable neighborhood. Not sure when it will happen but I could see some renovating of this particular area so that there's more of a connection between the Willow-Washington Historical District and Dickson St.

There are many other large scale condo projects and commercial projects planned along that area of College ave. From North street southward towards Lafayette. The old Doc Murdocks building is being converted to retail and condo space. Then eventually the whole block across College (from Wilson to Cleburn will be various condo/commercial buildings.

There are many other large scale condo projects and commercial projects planned along that area of College ave. From North street southward towards Lafayette. The old Doc Murdocks building is being converted to retail and condo space. Then eventually the whole block across College (from Wilson to Cleburn will be various condo/commercial buildings.

Cool, thanks for the info. I've noticed the work being done over by the old Doc Murdocks but never heard officially what it was going to be. I also don't think I've heard all this other news about those other developments. With all that going on maybe that's why this particular project could be on hold. Great to hear about these developments on College.

Cool, thanks for the info. I've noticed the work being done over by the old Doc Murdocks but never heard officially what it was going to be. I also don't think I've heard all this other news about those other developments. With all that going on maybe that's why this particular project could be on hold. Great to hear about these developments on College.

The Wilson/College project has not exactly been mentioned yet. The developers have been in the buying property phase for a while. They have aquired the property now, so it is just a matter of time. I believe 4 or 5 stories was the max though. Time will tell if this will all go through.

The Wilson/College project has not exactly been mentioned yet. The developers have been in the buying property phase for a while. They have aquired the property now, so it is just a matter of time. I believe 4 or 5 stories was the max though. Time will tell if this will all go through.

Cool, I look forward to hearing more about this potential development. I've been really looking forward to seeing something happening on College for a change.

Then eventually the whole block across College (from Wilson to Cleburn will be various condo/commercial buildings.

Speaking of Cleburn, the old parking lot for Washington Regional isn't too far away. Have you ever heard of anything going on with it? Doesn't seem like it's really needed by the VA.

Speaking of Cleburn, the old parking lot for Washington Regional isn't too far away. Have you ever heard of anything going on with it? Doesn't seem like it's really needed by the VA.

I have heard nothing, but that would be a great location. I might check into that, maybe I can sell it or buy it?

I have heard nothing, but that would be a great location. I might check into that, maybe I can sell it or buy it?

It would seem to be a good location to me as well. I don't see the VA really needing it. It's basically just an empty lot sitting there. Also if some of these developments start happening not too far of the south from that area I also think that will make that lot even more desirable.

Archived