1000 Home Development in Little Rock

tim2462

The city does use the term Northwest LR for districting purposes and generally it includes everything in the Hwy 10 corridor. The way LR developed with Pleasant Valley spawning Pleasant Forest and then St Charles that part of West LR developed together.

Nobody refers to Northwest LR conversationally but when you talk about neighborhoods Southwest LR and West LR are terms that are often used, Northwest LR is not.

As for Otter Creek, it's a couple of miles from Southwest Regional Medical Center and the kids go to JA Fair, again it's a different community than those to the North.

I always thought of West LR as being totally in Hall and Central's boundaries on this map. Now, I think it might extend a little bit South of it. You think of it as being McClellan's area, I guess, meaning what was called Southwest LR in the 60s and 70s. Still, living Southwest of Southwest LR is still Southwest LR in my book.

LRSD high school zones

You're thinking in terms of location, and culture does not always line up with location.

Just like downtown and the clinton library are in the eastern part of the city...especially the area

east of i-30...but we certainly wouldn't say that it's culturally the same as the eastern part of the city

which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. We both make good arguments...and while location-wise, otter creek is very close to swlr, culturally, it's more tied to WLR. I just generally think that as the city grows, otter creek will continue to get major developments like the one this topic was started about. MOST of the housing here is already pretty expenisve. This area, spreading north to colonel glenn, only 1.5 miles to the north is going to be a hotbed of activity and will futher the cultural and developmental connection between otter creek and the rest of WLR. I just don't like to hear such a nice, growing area as otter creek being

said to be in such a horrible part of town as swlr, which is 5 miles to the east. Bryant is only 5 miles to the sw of swlr, and it's sure safe, and a nice growing city that is totally different than swlr, just 5 minutes away.

We'll settle this by saying we both are right, in our on ways. :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're thinking in terms of location, and culture does not always line up with location.

Just like downtown and the clinton library are in the eastern part of the city...especially the area

east of i-30...but we certainly wouldn't say that it's culturally the same as the eastern part of the city

which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. We both make good arguments...and while location-wise, otter creek is very close to swlr, culturally, it's more tied to WLR. I just generally think that as the city grows, otter creek will continue to get major developments like the one this topic was started about. MOST of the housing here is already pretty expenisve. This area, spreading north to colonel glenn, only 1.5 miles to the north is going to be a hotbed of activity and will futher the cultural and developmental connection between otter creek and the rest of WLR. I just don't like to hear such a nice, growing area as otter creek being

said to be in such a horrible part of town as swlr, which is 5 miles to the east. Bryant is only 5 miles to the sw of swlr, and it's sure safe, and a nice growing city that is totally different than swlr, just 5 minutes away.

We'll settle this by saying we both are right, in our on ways. :D

Let's kill it, this is a thread-killer. It's probably too late for it at this point.

I'm always around for Little Rock geography lessons.

Archived