What part(s) of NC do you know the best

Jerseyman4

From a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the highest.

10 - central North Carolina (east of US 220 and west of I-95) [Greensboro, Triangle, Burlington, Fayetteville, Pinehurst, Henderson, Asheboro]

8 - southeast North Carolina (east of I-95/below I-40) [Wilmington, Whiteville, Elizabethtown, Clinton, Benson]

7.5 - Piedmont (Between I-77 and US 220) [Triad, Charlotte, Concord/Kannapolis, Statesville]

6 - eastern North Carolina (east of I-95, above I-40, west of the Chowan River & west of US 17)[Kinston, New Bern, Jacksonville, Goldsboro, Greenville, Murfreesboro, Windsor]

---im including the crystal coast in this as well with cedar island

4 - Foothills (west of I-77, east of I-26) [boone, Asheville, Hendersonville, Hickory]

2 - northeast North Carolina (east of the Chowan River)[Elizabeth City, Edenton, Hertford]

0 - far western NC (west of US 276)

0 - anything east of US 17 above New Bern and below the Chowan River [outer banks, lake mattamuskeet]

To best sum this up, click here for my county coverage of NC.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That map's pretty interesting.

Here's my attempt:

Asheville/Hendersonville: 9 (would have been 10, except things have changed in the last few years that I haven't been living there.)

Triangle area: 8

Other parts of WNC: 3

Charlotte: 3

Triad: 3

Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach: 1

Rest of the state: 0.

I live in Raleigh...I know Wake County up and down

I would say number 6

East of I-95

and also the 0

east of Hwy 17 new bern

I have been down many roads in all these counties

I am very familiar with

Harnett, Nash, Edgecombe, Johnston, Wilson, Wayne, Greene, Pitt, Martin, Lenoir, Jones, Craven, Pamlico, Beaufort, Onslow, Duplin, and Carteret counties. I know most of the roads in these counties. I have been down most of them at least once when buried cable tv lines. I since got smart and went back to school..lol

I know very little about areas west of Raleigh

The part of NC that I'm most familiar with is basically Wake County north to the VA border and west to Boone. I'm very unfamiliar with the eastern part of the state, not counting Wilmington or the counties along I-40 heading to Wilmington. Also not familiar, aside from recognizing names of places, with the southern part of the state, including such areas as Lumberton, Charlotte, and anywhere south of Boone/Blowing Rock in the mountains,

10 - The Research Triangle (in order:)

a - Raleigh

b - Wake Forest

c - Durham

d - Chapel Hill/Carrboro

e - Hillsborough

5 - The Triad

a - High Point

b - Greensboro

3 - Wilmington and the Brunswick County Beaches

2 - Sampson County (Clinton area)

1 - Asheville area

• 2 weeks later...

I Feel that you guy never talk about Fayetteville, NC. Let me give you a little history about Fay-town, Did you know that Fayetteville lost to Raleigh of one vote of being the capital of the state. Plus fayetteville is way more diverse than all other cities. Also fayetteville has prodiction of gain more than 38,000 new residents in the next 5 years. I personally think fayetteville could soon one day become the next Atlanta type city. Oh yeah I Forget in 2008 their going to be posting a new energy plant for North Carolina.

I Demand a DT Fayetteville.

10- Western North Carolina- Very familiar with everything from Boone and the Blue Ridge Mountains to Asheville and the Smoky Mountains. I also know eastern Tennessee well.

Not too good with the Asheville city itself- just know the general area. I know the Biltmore side great though.

9 - Areas west of Charlotte

7 - Charlotte area.

6 - Northeast of Charlotte

3 - Triad

3 - Triangle

3 - Northeast North Carolina/Albemarle Sound area

0 - Wilmington and Southeast NC

• 1 month later...

I grew up in northeastern NC, so I'm most familiar with the Roanoke-Chowan area--from Pasquotank County west to Halifax, south to Martin. I have a deep love and appreciation for that region, north of US 64 and east of I-95.

Next would be the Triad (did my undergrad there), followed by the northwest mountains down the Blue Ridge Parkway (I'd say about a 6-8).

I have a functional knowledge of the Triangle and Charlotte, but not enough to say I'm well-versed with the area (4-5).

I'd like to get reacquainted with southeastern NC, from Greenville south to Wilmington. We used to go to Wilmington every year when they had the Port City Classic (Elizabeth City State vs. Fayetteville State).

Archived