New Statues downtown...?

GvilleSC

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SVL said:

Nice to see that this is finally coming back.

https://greenvillejournal.com/news/fire-fire-brown-street-sign-fire/

I didn't realize that this was gone. I wish the street was more actively used. Redevelopment of the lots to its east would be great. Even still as a vehicular street, turning this into something more akin to Laurens Street behind One would be phenomenal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I didn't realize that this was gone. I wish the street was more actively used. Redevelopment of the lots to its east would be great. Even still as a vehicular street, turning this into something more akin to Laurens Street behind One would be phenomenal. 

A truck took it out over a year ago on the Coffee Street end. I couldn't agree more about turning this into a pedestrian only street. The more areas like that, the better.

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, hauntedheadnc said:

Where is that?

SUE SIMPSON GARDEN

This garden spot is named to honor Greenville's first City Councilwoman. Sponsored by the Carolina Foothill Garden Club, the garden features annual flowers. It is located at 200 East Camperdown Way, at the Church Street ramp.

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/333/Public-Gardens

This is a great little neighborhood park,  I've always enjoyed it.  The address says it's on Camperdown, but I always thought it was on Cleveland Street. :dontknow:

16 minutes ago, SVL said:

SUE SIMPSON GARDEN

This garden spot is named to honor Greenville's first City Councilwoman. Sponsored by the Carolina Foothill Garden Club, the garden features annual flowers. It is located at 200 East Camperdown Way, at the Church Street ramp.

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/333/Public-Gardens

This is a great little neighborhood park,  I've always enjoyed it.  The address says it's on Camperdown, but I always thought it was on Cleveland Street. :dontknow:

We closed on our house in Greenville yesterday, and my GPS got me lost on the way back up the mountain to Asheville.  It took me by a neat little piece of public art I'd read about.... Those old lion statues from the zoo that now reside in the parking lot of a gas station at the corner of Laurens and Washington.  I got all excited.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:02 AM, hauntedheadnc said:

We closed on our house in Greenville yesterday, and my GPS got me lost on the way back up the mountain to Asheville.  It took me by a neat little piece of public art I'd read about.... Those old lion statues from the zoo that now reside in the parking lot of a gas station at the corner of Laurens and Washington.  I got all excited.  

Are you moving to or from Greenville?

On 9/3/2020 at 11:06 AM, SVL said:

This turned out pretty cool! I like the blue.

https://twitter.com/gvilleevents/status/1301310316035411975

Eg8tfcrWsAMNVVd?format=jpg&name=large

Eg8tqXsX0AQeLQE?format=jpg&name=large

This reminded me of something, but I didn't know what until I was doing some painting in the house the other day. You know how the caulk keeps coming out of the tube if you forget to relieve the pressure of the caulk gun? I had a near duplicate of these statues sitting on the carpet in our guest room for a few seconds....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, Exile said:

This reminded me of something, but I didn't know what until I was doing some painting in the house the other day. You know how the caulk keeps coming out of the tube if you forget to relieve the pressure of the caulk gun? I had a near duplicate of these statues sitting on the carpet in our guest room for a few seconds....

LOL. When it was on Stone we always called it "Dog Poo" or "Soft Serve"  (always did remind me of trips to Yogurt Mountain).

• 5 months later...

From the City's Art in Public Places committee's meeting agenda:

New Business
a. Wind Spirit – Grand Bohemian Lodge -- Christian Sotille, Sotille & Sotille, LLC

b. Wings of the City – Falls Park & Peace Center Campus -- Adela Mendoza, Hispanic Alliance

I wish they would provide information about the planned works. There's no indication if they are murals, sculptures, etc. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see the inclusion of more art in the City.

10 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

From the City's Art in Public Places committee's meeting agenda:

New Business
a. Wind Spirit – Grand Bohemian Lodge -- Christian Sotille, Sotille & Sotille, LLC

b. Wings of the City – Falls Park & Peace Center Campus -- Adela Mendoza, Hispanic Alliance

I wish they would provide information about the planned works. There's no indication if they are murals, sculptures, etc. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see the inclusion of more art in the City.

I wonder what this will turn out to be. 

Screenshot_20210223-194120_Instagram.png

Screenshot_20210223-194120_Instagram.png

Edited by GVLover