New Statues downtown...?

GvilleSC

I would prefer they keep the Greene statue on Main Street -. maybe near City Hall.  It seemed appropriate to have the statues associated with Greenville's early history close together.  Also, what will they do with Greene's small companion? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I like the last one the best. Reminds me of the Bean in Chicago. 

Haha that's why I don't like it. It's like a knock odd the Bean. I'm sure it would be popular though and on social media people like it. There needs to be some plaza upgrades when they install the new sculpture. 

1 hour ago, johnpro318 said:

Haha that's why I don't like it. It's like a knock odd the Bean. I'm sure it would be popular though and on social media people like it. There needs to be some plaza upgrades when they install the new sculpture. 

Lol. I also like the fact that it would play sounds going off the river height and flow speed too. 

Edited by gman430

Agreed. 'Ribbons' is the best in my opinion. 'Kwilt' is ok. Not a fan of the big steel plates or the mirror ball for different reasons. Ribbons is unique-doesn't remind me of anything else I've seen before, at least not off the top of my head. 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, gman430 said:

Lol. I also like the fact that it would play sounds going off the river height and flow speed too. 

I believe the article was referring to the Rotary Club art piece Wang is doing near the Mississippi River, not the proposal for Greenville. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...