Streakers stranded when 'getaway' car stolen

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

Streakers stranded when 'getaway' car stolen

The Associated Press

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Three men who went streaking through a Denny's restaurant were chilled and chagrined when they spotted a thief drive off in their getaway car, their clothes inside.

Naked in the 20-degree weather, the three young men huddled behind cars in a parking lot until police arrived.

"I don't think they were hiding. I think they were just concealing themselves," police spokesman johnson Cottam said.

The three entered the restaurant before daybreak Wednesday, wearing only shoes and hats. They left their car running so they could make a quick escape.

But the streakers watched through the windows as a man who had been eating inside the restaurant drove off in their car.

No charges were brought against the streakers.

"I think it was just three kids who decided to fool around," Cottam said. He added: "We always tell people to not leave their car running."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived