Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Art Avenue Lofts Set To Start (Nashville)

5 posts in this topic

This block certainly has the potential to become a great neighborhood. Some of downtown's more unique historical buildings line this block and and I'm anxious to see 5th Avenue blend in with the Church/Capitol upgrading with streetscape work of its own. The renderings of this look great (I don't have one handy) and I find it encouraging that so many have already been sold. Nashville's downtown core isn't very big and that might work to our advantage in creating a real diamond in a collection of nice southern cities. With Signature anchoring the next block and Viridian across the street from that, this more than likely will go a long way in creating the pedestrian activity we want. Good news.

From "Property Transfers" in today's City Paper:

Fifth Avenue North and Union Street, Nashville, 37219, Metropolitan Development And Housing Agency to Art Avenue Lofts LLC, $495,000

Great news! I'm ready for that section of 5th Avenue to get cleaned up and become a more welcoming part of downtown.

Just another bit of seemingly endless good news about the "rebirth" of downtown Nashville. 5th Avenue is really going to be looking good.