Fayette Mall

zt456

The mall recently completed an expansion wing adding a new anchor (Dick's Sporting Goods) and some new store space. Stores like Aeropostale, Fossil, Sam Goody, and Footaction have been added to the new expansion wing but it doesn't seem like it's quite filled up yet. I don't see why we couldn't have any other retailers to fill the empty spots like Forever 21, H&M, Build-A-Bear, or maybe even a Pottery Barn or Apple Computer? The mall can clearly support them b/c there is already other stores in the mall that are just as upscale if not more.

Mall Website

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mall is also building a new Cinemark 16 screen theater near the Dicks store. It won't be attached to the mall, but there will be other stores too. I am not sure what else or how many stores. I do know they are adding a Logan's Roadhouse. We already have 2 others, so this is not too exciting to me. I definitely think the mall could support a retailer like H&M or Pottery Barn. I also wonder what will happen to the other Cinemark Theater next door to the mall.

The type of retail missing from Lexington is upscale retailers. There is enough chain crap for the entire state of KY already. They need some specialty type boutiques and stores. Something like a Tiffany's or things along that line. Get a Cheesecake Factory or a Spaghetti Factory for the DT and market the College town concept as a destination and a entertainment spot. Lexington has got to start offering things that a city its size wouldn't normally offer if it wants to remain competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

The mall recently completed an expansion wing adding a new anchor (Dick's Sporting Goods) and some new store space. Stores like Aeropostale, Fossil, Sam Goody, and Footaction have been added to the new expansion wing but it doesn't seem like it's quite filled up yet. I don't see why we couldn't have any other retailers to fill the empty spots like Forever 21, H&M, Build-A-Bear,

Mall Website

Build A Bear is coming to Fayette in spring 2006. I'm not sure why Fayette mall has not been able to attract Apple or Pottery Barn they would do well here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was at the mall yesterday and they have a sign with new stores/etc to be added to the plaza behind the mall. Among them are Old Navy, Johnny Carino's, Gordman's, and Pearlevision. I can't remember what else, but these seem to be the highlights for now. I have never been to a Gordman's, but their website makes me think it is like a Steinmart. I have to say these offerings are not that exciting to me. Hopefully, more upscale stores will come at some point.

Archived