11th and church in the Gulch

Onyte9

I just wanted to squash all rumors that Tony G wants to go higher than the Signature at 11th and Church. Mr Giarratana has told me that he and his partner has had two master plans developed for his 9 acre site in the gulch and neither exceeds buildings of over 25 floors. He also said he has no immediate to develope the property.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to squash all rumors that Tony G wants to go higher than the Signature at 11th and Church. Mr Giarratana has told me that he and his partner has had two master plans developed for his 9 acre site in the gulch and neither exceeds buildings of over 25 floors. He also said he has no immediate to develope the property.

If Signature Tower sells like gangbusters, I'll bet his development plans for this property will be a lot more immediate. Buildings up to 25 stories would constitute a very impressive development indeed!

I agree Hankster. Tell me this how would the Signature not sell like gangbusters? The condo market is crazy right now so immagine how crazy it will be once people have a chance to live in the tallest building in Tennessee. I think the Sig may sell out quicker than the Viridian eventhough it has way more units. BTW did the Signature go before MDHA today for the TIF?

Here's a link to the old siteplan/renderings for 11th & Church. Note the large new (parking?) structure and the townhomes at the rear of the site facing downtown. Also note that the entire middle section of the building is demolished to create an access road and unit entrances/windows.

http://www.gspnet.com/Corporate.gsp?id=213

Here's a link to the old siteplan/renderings for 11th & Church. Note the large new (parking?) structure and the townhomes at the rear of the site facing downtown. Also note that the entire middle section of the building is demolished to create an access road and unit entrances/windows.

http://www.gspnet.com/Corporate.gsp?id=213

^LOL! "Ice House Lofts".... :sick:

I'm glad Tony G. is considering a tower for that spot because that old plan really sucks! The architect who designed that should have his diploma revoked!

I would say two 15 story towers would work best there, but one 25 story tower would also be nice also. Either way the Snodgrass will tower over the site because S-grass is up on a hill. On the other hand, the western view will probably not be eclipsed by new construction since all that land between 11th and the interstate is owned by NES. The location really is not that good if you're trying to sell the condos as having a skyline view. They would have a good view of Signature when it's built. Maybe an OK view of Union Station on the south side, and a used car lot on the north. Actually, there would be a pretty good view of the capital on the north end, but the TSU downtown campus building will likely block that view for most of the lower floors. This site seems to be on the wrong end of the gulch.... :ph34r:

Archived